What's the best catback for me - Bassani of Magnaflow?

Given these choices - what's the better CB (no other exhaust mods)

• Magnaflow

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Bassani Quiet Thunder

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Bassani Street Comp

Votes: 58 35.2%

• Total voters

SVTslowcar

Established Member
I wouldnt buy borlas ever, they are the loudest exhaust, annoying loud IMO, and they are by far the most expensive out there, I do think they look good though. I would go with either Bassani exhaust kit. :D

BiZ

Established Member
For the money you cannot beat the Maganaflows. Stainless Steel construction and a great healthy sound. Barely louder than stock at idle. And not too obnoxious at WOT.

blake03svt

Established Member
venum03 said:
What Top Fuel said...Borla 14858 or Steeda...

Yes if you want quiet, this is the way to go. I have this cat back with bassani x-pipe and bassani midlength headers. I wish I hade stingers instead but since you want a quiet exhuast this one is probably what you are looking for.

sloopjonb

Established Member
STEEDA !!! Beautiful, powerful sound with light throttle, AWESOME at WOT, no drone cruising. What's not to like??? STEEDA !!!

SVT8U

Established Member
I have the magnaflow cb on my cobra and I love it. It sounds nice and deep, but it is very mellow cruising around town. Screams like a mofo when you step on the loud pedal, but other than that they are perfect. Absolutely no drone on the highway. It sounds like a muscle car, not all loud and poppy/ raspy like the bassani. Real deep and mellow like. Id say go magnaflow. stock h by the way.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
My car came with bassani cat back, I called bassani directly to ask them which cat back I had and they told me that they only made one cat back for the 03 cobra. Am I misled and how can you tell the difference between the two.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
You may want to consider a Borla 14858 or Steeda catback. Read all about them HERE

If you're just getting a catback, don't get bogged down into which one gives the most power gain. They're all pretty close. Choose it for the sound you like.
I agree 100%, this sounds like what you're looking for,

Cheapspeed

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I have never heard the maggie without an x-pipe, so I don't know of the sould level...but with the x-pipe its really loud. I have heard the Bassani without a midpipe, and I couldn't even tell that the exhaust is on the car...its really quiet.
I really liked my maggies, car was not loud at all at idle but was louder than $hit at WOT, then again I had full exhaust. Good luck either choice is a good one.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
BiZ said:
For the money you cannot beat the Maganaflows. Stainless Steel construction and a great healthy sound. Barely louder than stock at idle. And not too obnoxious at WOT.

That is a great combo. How loud is it cruising around town? I wouldn't want any unnecessary police attention.

moonltgold

1) Which would you prefer for sound, BASSANI SOUNDS GREAT
2) Which has been shown to provide the best power gains in conjunction with a CAI, understanding that without a high flow cat or o/r X it won't be all that much? ABOUT THE SAME, BASSANI HAS SLIGHT ADVANTAGE AT TOP END RPM
3) On the Bassani, I have seen differing opinions on the real difference between SC and QT versions. What's the real scoop on what makes the QuietThunder quieter? ONE IS STRAIGHT THRU I THINK, THE OTHER IS ALSO STRAIGHT THRU WITH TWIN PIPES INSIDE AND EXPANSION CHAMBERS FRONT & REAR MAYBE Both come with baffles in the SS version, right? I THINK SO. BAFFLES ARE GOOD, THEY CUT HIGH FREQUENCIES BUT DON'T LOSE HP
4) Other pros and cons? BASSANI COST MORE, OTHERWISE MAG AND BASSANI ABOUT EQUAL IN QUALITY. I HAVE HAD BOTH.

moonltgold

timbogt said:
I have an 03 gt with bbk fenderwell intake, 75mmt/b and plenum,t/b spacer, Now what do i kneed to do about the mass air. I kneed some help so please email me at [email protected] thanks

Dude:

Nothing personal, but this thread is about exhaust. Do a search on CAI (cold air) or start a thread. And again, no flaming intended, but get a spell check.

Users who are viewing this thread