Whats stickier...MT ET streets or Nitto NT05R

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I need help deciding what would be better (stickier) MT 295/45/17 or Nitto NT05R 275/40/17....let me know what you think!!!

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
also what would be a good launching RPM with mods in my signature....i will have IRS brace on before i go to the strip as well

mach1033

Established Member
They both perform the same. I have the MT/ET and my buddy has the NT05R's. We were dead even from a dig race. I have 305 35 18's and he has 315 35 17's.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
MT's et streets will sway like crazy on the big end... Just be aware of that. If your car is a DD then i'd get the Nittos

Teej281

Established Member
Ok, woah. They are both radials and neither one should sway that bad on the track due to the radial construction. You also have to look at it this way...the MT's youre looking at are a 28" tall tire, if my memory serves me right. That will take a lot of gear away and make it feel like youre running stock tires with 3.08's. The NT05R's will leave you at the current gearing and still be sticky. Its up to you really. The sidewall on the MT's will help with launching and not breaking stuff, but will take a lot away from gearing and might slow you down in the 1/4. The NT05R will maintain current gearing but you wont have the extra sidewall.

Choice is yours, but neither will feel any different at the big end of the track.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Ok, woah. They are both radials and neither one should sway that bad on the track due to the radial construction. You also have to look at it this way...the MT's youre looking at are a 28" tall tire, if my memory serves me right. That will take a lot of gear away and make it feel like youre running stock tires with 3.08's. The NT05R's will leave you at the current gearing and still be sticky. Its up to you really. The sidewall on the MT's will help with launching and not breaking stuff, but will take a lot away from gearing and might slow you down in the 1/4. The NT05R will maintain current gearing but you wont have the extra sidewall.

Choice is yours, but neither will feel any different at the big end of the track.

Uhmm... I've had both tires and the ET streets sway like a b*tch. Even changing lanes they would sway. I was happy once they wore out because I had an excuse to by a better time. ET Streets would be absolutely horrible for his application.

If you want my opinion, I'd say go with the Nitto.. One better would be a Hoosier drag radial, or MT drag radial.

mach1033

Established Member
Uhmm... I've had both tires and the ET streets sway like a b*tch. Even changing lanes they would sway. I was happy once they wore out because I had an excuse to by a better time. ET Streets would be absolutely horrible for his application.

If you want my opinion, I'd say go with the Nitto.. One better would be a Hoosier drag radial, or MT drag radial.

Is this the MT's you had an issue with or the other tread pattern?
221575[/ATTACH]"]
cobra059.jpg

Attachments

• cobra059.jpg
    cobra059.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 303

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Hey Wicked46 which brand of Nittos have the softest sidewall for IRS drag strip launches and what would you recommend putting on a spare set of either 17X9 or 17X10.5's used for ocasional street cruising and some track runs?:beer:

kachup

Established Member
Is this the MT's you had an issue with or the other tread pattern?
221707[/ATTACH]"]
cobra059.jpg

i just purchase this same type of tire 3744R hopefully they are good for dd try something different lol..i had nt555r awesome tire for dd and in the rain too :rockon:
i was going to buy nt05r but the thread on the M/T 3744R look way better...

Attachments

• cobra059.jpg
    cobra059.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 67

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Hey Wicked46 which brand of Nittos have the softest sidewall for IRS drag strip launches and what would you recommend putting on a spare set of either 17X9 or 17X10.5's used for ocasional street cruising and some track runs?:beer:

IMO Any Nitto would be ok, but i've always been a fan of the MT's and Hoosiers.... The Nittos will last longer then any other drag radial.

Users who are viewing this thread