What's my car worth?

98turbo

Established Member
2003 Cobra with 63k. Body has 2 dings on the drivers side. Other than that its in great shape. It has MMR 5.0 stroker with the revised heads. Setup only has 1380 miles on it. It had some kind if mechanical failure. I will be selling the car as unknown engine condition. It will have to be rebuilt. Has steg stage 4 ported blower, afco h/e, sbtb, elbow, cf intake, candy red valve covers, o/r xpipe, stingers, and etc etc. what could I sell it for like it is on oem cobra wheels?

283200_10200738000594287_1664871436_n_zpsa45e73bd.jpg

null_zps147f4dfd.jpg

null_zps931071ab.jpg

388533_10200738000034273_1654338384_n_zpsb8e60a84.jpg

testorossa1989

Established Member
That's a whole different issue. I just wanna know what I can get for the car as is.

I dont think price is a factor here.. I think the story begins and ends with you getting a new motor on MMR, warrenty is non transferable im sure so its the difference between giving the car away and selling it for what is fair and worth.

Current condition.. 15k and thats being generous

Rebuilt and clean with MMR new motor - 23k atleast

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
with an unknown motor condition i would say 10-12k
rebuilt (which sould be on MMR's dime) 20-23k

I think this is spot on. Unknown just leaves the entire motor in question. I would either have them replace it at all costs or at least determine what the issue is. You are going to take a bath on this thing if you sell it as is.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
problem is anyone with a brain who buys a car like this is going to ASSUME the whole motor needs to be replaced
its really easy to spend 7k on a nice motor for these cars
they can get a loan for the car but not for a motor so you need a cash buyer
you also need to add in the fact that most people dont want to spend over 10k for lawn art and time is worth peoples money

98turbo

Established Member
$10-$12k as is? And $20-$23k fixed? That's a $10k difference. Even with an "unknown" engine problem, you can get a crate motor for under $4500.

mike.b

Established Member
$10-$12k as is? And $20-$23k fixed? That's a $10k difference. Even with an "unknown" engine problem, you can get a crate motor for under $4500.

and as a buyer i would tell you to get the crate motor and call me when you have a running car to sell me. why would anyone give you 17k for a car with a blown motor only to have to go spend another 4500 to make it right? i would just move on to the next one and buy one hassle free. you will have to take a loss to get out from under this without fixing the motor, plain and simple.

the 10k difference is what will entice someone to take a chance on this car. by take a chance i mean they are buying a car with a blown motor, god knows what else could have been damaged or beaten to shit.

i hear way too much bad shit about mmr, i will NEVER be doing business with them.

98turbo

Established Member
Where did $17k come from? I think I can get $14k for it as is. Buyer can then buy a crate motor or have this one fixed for, lets say, $5500 and you would have roughly $20k invested in a car that is actually worth $20k and then you get all the aftermarket parts for free. And you can get a loan on this car for $20k all day.

98turbo

Established Member
It's tuned. The motor let go sitting at a red light. AER has a brand new longblock for $3561 shipped plus a $1050 core charge. It's roughly $1500 in labor for r/r. Oh, and I have a spare 4.6 longblock to send as a core so the 5.0 could be sold for profit.

Zemedici

Established Member
why not just get the motor fixed and sell an actual running vehicle?

Car's worth whatever someone will pay for it, obviously. Anyone spending over 10k on a roller is insane.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
so either the motor is shit and MMR should be warrantying the motor OR the tune sucks...it might be just me but you seem to be sketchy and deceiving

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
There does appear to be more to the story. Folks usually dont grab their ankles because they dont want to be troubled. I'm sure there is more...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Where did $17k come from? I think I can get $14k for it as is. Buyer can then buy a crate motor or have this one fixed for, lets say, $5500 and you would have roughly $20k invested in a car that is actually worth $20k and then you get all the aftermarket parts for free. And you can get a loan on this car for $20k all day.

Then just go ahead and put it up for that $14K. Why are you asking the question then? You're obviously not thrilled with the majority of responses (which, by the way, are spot on correct). I'll tell you one thing, you're going to have to find an exceptional buyer who FULLY accepts the car "as is", and is completely willing to do whatever is necessary as far as fixes/repairs. The majority of people won't be interested as there are too many red flags. And lastly, I strongly advise you to fully disclose anything and everything about this car when you do put it up for sale. If not, you're inviting a whole lot of trouble from a buyer. JMO.

mi03cobra

Established Member
From what I have seen on ebay, you cant even buy a un touched 60,000-80,000 engine that has been involved in a crash for under 6k! If I was to see this car advertised with a unknown motor issue I would go right on to the next ad without even looking at your article. Not being an a$$, just how I role.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
It's tuned. The motor let go sitting at a red light. AER has a brand new longblock for $3561 shipped plus a $1050 core charge. It's roughly $1500 in labor for r/r. Oh, and I have a spare 4.6 longblock to send as a core so the 5.0 could be sold for profit.

Asks a forum a question, the proceeds to tell everyone how they are wrong when he doesn't hear what he likes.....I'll take it off your hands for the lowest estimate of 8k right now.

Zemedici

Established Member
Asks a forum a question, the proceeds to tell everyone how they are wrong when he doesn't hear what he likes.....I'll take it off your hands for the lowest estimate of 8k right now.

and there's your buyer OP. Glad we could help :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread