What's it worth ? Posi port & Eaton

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Real quick, wanted your guys opinions. I have a MINT Posi race port with a Billetflow 2.76" pulley, 1800 miles total on blower (800 on port and upper only) ... I also have a mint, unpullied 10k mile eaton.

Both Eatons are practically new condition, been workbench queens. I've been told that this was one of Brian's last ports (about 12 months ago).

What's your guys opinions on value of each ?

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
$6~700 on the posi but better be ready to post the stamp and # unit from the blower so future customers can verify its not a fake.

$350 on the oem unit

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Only reason I start this thread is because I see people paying 800-1100 for Posi's blowers, and the stocker is mint and low mile ... Which I assume is becomming harder to find in this condition. Primo candidate for a port or a fresh blower, same goes for the Posi, hardest it's ever been ran was Dyno one time. I could even produce the receipt (or email from Brian).

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
$1000 for the posi
$400 for the stock

Is it just the blowers? any throttle body?

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
I have a stock plenum for the stock Eaton, and a Accufab plenum for the Posi. Also have a Dragon TB and plenum on shelf (which I assume would be the best combo). I have no clue what I'm going to run or keep yet. Have another blower on my car, lol ... Along with all kinds of hubs, rings, etc ... I need to liquidate something ?

cj428mach

Established Member
$375 ish for the stocker and about 6-700 for the Posi. I know the Posi's are supposed to be the best but lets be real here its maybe 10 more rwhp than a Stieg. Anymore than that and you have to start looking at a twin screw.

I'm saying $375 on the stocker because Saddle wanted $370 for his (I think that included the TB and plenum) which only had 3k on it and his car was super clean.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Thanks for the input fellas. Much appeticiated. I don't think Steg's blowers hold a candle to Brian's ports. I think many will agree with me on that. Most Steg #'s I see are pretty low VS a Posi port. Just what I've seen and read over the years. No pun in that statement.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think you'll have a problem selling your Posi ported Eaton quickly. Since Brian stopped porting his ported blowers have seen a higher demand. Another reason why they command a premium. His porting is renowned!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks CobraBob and hopefully you'll see me posting a little more which I already have been. Oh boy here we go again lol. Just not to much.

Pretty cool on the Posi Ports too.:beer:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I missed it but why did posi stop doing port work?

ive seen them go for 600-900 for a posi

and the stock for $250-375

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Thanks for chiming in Brian ! ... Can't wait until I strap your blower down ! You did this blower August of 2012. Car it came off off did well over 500/500 with just a 2.76" upper. You ARE the man and we miss your services. I feel lucky to have gotten one of your babies in primo condition !

Good day !

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I missed it but why did posi stop doing port work?

ive seen them go for 600-900 for a posi

and the stock for $250-375

Life, family, tendinits, and my day job. I spent between 6-8 hours or more on here every single day.:rockon: People would say how do you know about this thread so fast. I'd say because I hit new posts about once every 2 minutes.:lol: Seriously lol'ing.

Thanks for chiming in Brian ! ... Can't wait until I strap your blower down ! You did this blower August of 2012. Car it came off off did well over 500/500 with just a 2.76" upper. You ARE the man and we miss your services. I feel lucky to have gotten one of your babies in primo condition !

Good day ! ��

Thanks and good luck.:thumbsup:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Life, family, tendinits, and my day job. I spent between 6-8 hours or more on here every single day.:rockon: People would say how do you know about this thread so fast. I'd say because I hit new posts about once every 2 minutes.:lol: Seriously lol'ing.

Thanks and good luck.:thumbsup:

well I understand live moves on. it just seems that you left a big gap in the community and you were well known (still are). ive never had one of your blowers but it would be nice to have gotten one.

if ya every come back you will have business for sure.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Posi would you ever consider doing ports again like next year? I just bought my Cobra and have read nothing but great things about your work you would have my business as well.

svtshadow

Banned
Up to this day, i hate myself for not getting a Posi port...Maybe we can entice him with one last run of Posi port group buy....

Users who are viewing this thread