Whats Better than Zaino?

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I use collonite 840 & 845.

I only use the cleaner if there are hard water spots on the car that the wax doesn't take off. The wax does not have any abrasives in it, so it saves the thin clearcoat of our factory finishes. The wax leaves a great finish that beads water like crazy.

http://www.collinite.com/auto.htm

Juiced-03

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
any of you guys run a detailing buisness, or do it on the side.

I do it on the side (used to be full time though) but I consider it more of a paying hobby than side work :thumbsup:

I've been getting a lot of requests for boats lately :cryying:

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I also do it on the side, but I don't do the works like I do on my car. I just wash, wax with NXT, do the interior and stuff like that.

inteller

Established Member
URDONE said:
PM me a price on all this.

Anyone else??? I have heard good things about Poorboys products?

tropicare is reverse engineered Zaino with food coloring so I dont see how it could be better.

and hey before you flame me on this, it was told to me by a tropicare booth dude at a car show convention so it came from the horses mouth....or ass or whatever as it were.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how close (read exact) the tropicare product linup is to the Zaino lineup.....in fact it is virtually identical in product and process. :bash: Only thing dumb Zaino did was not patent Zaino....

I've tried a lot of shit, and nothing makes a red car look like it is bleeding like Zaino.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
inteller said:
tropicare is reverse engineered Zaino with food coloring so I dont see how it could be better.

and hey before you flame me on this, it was told to me by a tropicare booth dude at a car show convention so it came from the horses mouth....or ass or whatever as it were.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how close (read exact) the tropicare product linup is to the Zaino lineup.....in fact it is virtually identical in product and process. :bash: Only thing dumb Zaino did was not patent Zaino....

I've tried a lot of shit, and nothing makes a red car look like it is bleeding like Zaino.

:pop:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
Here is the link to my thread with my black cobra results using all Clearkote products.
Here are some pics:
P6251023.gif

P6251025.gif

P6251024.gif

P6251028.gif

P6251021.gif

P6251027.gif

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194731

If I could get my Cobra to look like this, I would be very happy.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
NXGHOST said:
No such thing as a "Better product". All comes down to preference.

wrong: A good example would be the absorber vs WW Microfiber towel. Obviously we all know that the one that absorbs more water is better. In this case it would be the Microfiber. You can use this example with products as well. And yes there is better. You usually have to pay more for good Quality. "you get what you pay for" I can attest to that becasue switching from frugal brands to more quality types really makes for BETTER! . :coolman: In this case you are comparing two awesome wax brands. So i would think this is a matter of prefernce. It would be diffrent if it were

turtle wax vs. Clearkote.

MY POINT THERE IS BETTER.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
wrong: A good example would be the absorber vs WW Microfiber towel. Obviously we all know that the one that absorbs more water is better. In this case it would be the Microfiber. You can use this example with products as well. And yes there is better. You usually have to pay more for good Quality. "you get what you pay for" I can attest to that becasue switching from frugal brands to more quality types really makes for BETTER! . :coolman: In this case you are comparing two awesome wax brands. So i would think this is a matter of prefernce. It would be diffrent if it were

turtle wax vs. Clearkote.

MY POINT THERE IS BETTER.

Excellent points. Although I can't stress enough that PREP is the most important step in the whole process. Truth is, Zaino or Clearkote won't make any car look good that has not been prepped right. If you have swirls, oxidation, rail dust, a rough surface, etc, it won't matter what product you have as it will still look like $hit. I have seen finishes look great with Turtle Wax and that is because they were prepped. They were swirl free and smooth as butter (clayed and poished). In the end, if your prep is right, it will all come down to what you desire from a product. Zaino has the best durability hands down (Klasse and Meguiars #16 following), Clearkote has an arguable wetter and deeper finish, and others may be more reflective and shiny. And it is an absolute fact that some products just don't work well in the summer heat. For some, that is very important.

Those who believe a product is just the same as any other probably have not done the proper prep on their finish to see the true beauty of a particular product. They will all look the same if the prep was skipped or rushed. Nevertheless, it is my belief that any last step product will probably look very decent on a car that has a terrific prep job. Not as good as others may look, but still decent. In the end, it's all in what you demand from a product and how you handle the prep!

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Excellent points. Although I can't stress enough that PREP is the most important step in the whole process. Truth is, Zaino or Clearkote won't make any car look good that has not been prepped right. If you have swirls, oxidation, rail dust, a rough surface, etc, it won't matter what product you have as it will still look like $hit. I have seen finishes look great with Turtle Wax and that is because they were prepped. They were swirl free and smooth as butter (clayed and poished). In the end, if your prep is right, it will all come down to what you desire from a product. Zaino has the best durability hands down (Klasse and Meguiars #16 following), Clearkote has an arguable wetter and deeper finish, and others may be more reflective and shiny. And it is an absolute fact that some products just don't work well in the summer heat. For some, that is very important.

Those who believe a product is just the same as any other probably have not done the proper prep on their finish to see the true beauty of a particular product. They will all look the same if the prep was skipped or rushed. Nevertheless, it is my belief that any last step product will probably look very decent on a car that has a terrific prep job. Not as good as others may look, but still decent. In the end, it's all in what you demand from a product and how you handle the prep!

vERY TRUE i AGREE :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
NXGHOST said:
No such thing as a "Better product". All comes down to preference.

And my post above was not to oppose your statement. I agree with you. A better product to me may not be as good to another. Just find something you like and use it often, that's my motto :thumbsup:

NXGHOST

Established Member
I still believe when it comes to Polishes/Sealants...Its all in preference. Prep is key in either case. As far as durability, I dont know anyone who doesnt re-apply their product prematurely before the durability point! LOL. I doubt anyone on this forum or Autopia, detailcity etc waxes every 6-9 months!

Juiced-03

Established Member
NXGHOST said:
I still believe when it comes to Polishes/Sealants...Its all in preference. Prep is key in either case. As far as durability, I dont know anyone who doesnt re-apply their product prematurely before the durability point! LOL. I doubt anyone on this forum or Autopia, detailcity etc waxes every 6-9 months!

Exactly. It's nice to know that a product could withstand the elements for that long period of time, but the reality is that most people who take pride in their vehicles will polish/wax regularly. In the winter I am willing to sacrifice a little depth/wetness for a product that will last a little longer simply because it is too cold or wet to wax. In the spring and fall though, I love using products that may not last as long, but look fantastic :thumbsup:

In the summertime I am trying to stay cool and my car is generally covered so detailing doesn't sound like a fun idea :burn:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
any of you guys run a detailing buisness, or do it on the side.
I do it as weekend work and stay pretty busy throughout the summer time.
I like to do,
1. wash
2. clay
3.SSR 2.5 cutting pad or polishing pad
4. SSR 1 polishing pad
5. Poorboys Pro Polish or Claerkotes VM hand glaze or RMG
6. Poorboys EX-P
7. Megs #16 X2
do this and your paint will thank you. :beer:

mean04

04 Terminator Poster
Established Member
Claying

SVECobraR said:
I'm going to try this setup. Its pretty general.
1)Washing with Adam's suds and soap and drying with micro-fiber waffer towels
2)Claying with Adam's clay bar and detail spray
3)Rinsing

Sound Good?

OK- I've never heard of "claying". What is it and what does it do.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
URDONE said:
I know that Zaino has a strong following, and I really want to try this stuff. But I am not that thrilled about their prices. There are a handful of you that have tried Zaino and still say that there are better products out there. My Black Cobra needs all the help it can get, so I am looking for some suggestions on other products before I try Zaino. My paint looks kinda dull and I am really looking to revive it a bit. Any help would be appreicated.

Poorboys, Clearkote, Meg's #16...the list goes on. I used Zaino for years, and I think its overpriced. I fell on the bandwagon with Spree, and I will never go back to Zaino. Proof is in the pudding. I just did my babies and the list is as follows
Poorboys SSR2.5 applied w/PC
Poorboys SSR1 w/pc
Clearkote Red Machine Glaze-applied with PC
3 Coats Poorboys EX-applied by hand with 24 lag in between coats
1 Coat P21-S Applied by hand
sigpic.gif

anet1.gif

vettercorner2.gif

Last edited:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
mean04 said:
OK- I've never heard of "claying". What is it and what does it do.

Oh boy....I would post a link here, but sometimes newbies don't understand the lingo. Here goes:

As a car's finish is exposed to the elements (doesn't matter if your car is under a cover in your garage) it accumulates airborne particles and fallout from contaminents in the atmosphere. These particles embed themselves in the paint, and wether or not you notice it or not, they dull the finish (you can feel them if you run your hand over the paint, especially if you've never claybar-ed). Running a bar of clay over them, with a lubricant[any spray detailer or even soapy water] of course, will transfer the particles from your finish into the clay, leaving a smooth finish to the touch. The clay can also be used to remove old wax before a fresh detail, and it can be used to remove tar from the body and even the windshield and headlamps. Clay bars can be purchased either by themselves or in kits with the lubricant necessary for application. This process has practically become a standard in the detailing world, and I would not even wax your car until you do this. I would not recommend doing it more than once a year if you keep your car polished and waxed, and never bring it to an auto wash.
Just do it, you will be amazed with the results.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread