Doing the 03 cobra tomorrow with Clearkote...

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I am going to detail my 03 tomorrow and wanted to run the process by you all:

Wash Clearkote wash
Mothers Clay bar
Wash again
Blue Moose
Compound Moose
Vanilla Moose
Red Moose Machine Glaze
Yellow Cream
Carnuba Moose wax

I will not use both the Blue or Compound Moose will have to look at my car more closely and see which one best fits the condition of my car. Another question has anyone used only the clearkote product line like I have mentioned above?

Thanks!!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
I am going to detail my 03 tomorrow and wanted to run the process by you all:

Wash Clearkote wash

Mothers Clay bar

Wash again <--- this step is unnecessary. A water rinse should be sufficient.

Blue Moose <--- Are you SURE?! This is some serious stuff. I doubt you would need this on your car.

Compound Moose <---Again, that is some pretty aggressive stuff. If you have serious swirls then yes try this. Use this before trying the Blue Moose though!!! Blue Moose should be LAST resort (ie, 15 year old neglected paint)

Vanilla Moose <---Skip this if you use Red Machine Glaze.

Red Moose Machine Glaze <---I would use this instead of VM if you use Compound Moose. If you still see some hazing, give VM a try. Use this before trying Compound or Blue Moose.

Yellow Cream <---I would skip this product.

Carnuba Moose wax

See my notes above. Seriously reconsider the use of Blue Moose. I think you could get away with just using Red Machine Glaze by itself and maybe with Vanilla Moose.

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
I have no experience with Blue or Compound Moose...but I have used VM, RMG, YCW, and CMW.

I've used VM by itself before, RMG by itself, and RMG followed by YCW. Putting YCW on top of RMG did basically nothing, so you can definitely skip the YCW. I would probably just put RMG, or just VM. Go with RMG if you want that dark menacing look, and VM if you want a mirror shine.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I would use the SSR line before I used Compound/Blue Moose. Those products seem geared towards finishes in really bad shape. I would hope none of our Cobras would ever need to use on those products!

jpk

Established Member
I used the Clear Kote VM and CMW for the first time this weekend. I can't imagine needing anything else unless you have swirls. I don't have that problem, so I was fine with a wash, clay, glaze, and wax.

I'm interested in how the Red Moose looks. The VM is certainly shiny.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
what if. you add the red moose and then the vm and then the carnauba wax. ..spree mentioned the red moose to give dark rich color. and the vm for a mirror shine. SO im thinking what if you use both. and top it off the the cw. anyone tries this combination?

spree

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
what if. you add the red moose and then the vm and then the carnauba wax. ..spree mentioned the red moose to give dark rich color. and the vm for a mirror shine. SO im thinking what if you use both. and top it off the the cw. anyone tries this combination?

i haven't tried that combo yet, but if you were to do it, you'd wanna put the VM first followed by the RMG.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
My car has not been detailed in about 12 months so I have alot of swirl marks and a few scratch from the car washes and just shear neglect. I don't think the VM will be strong enough to cut these marks hence I think I will go with the compound moose, then VM, RM, YM and CM.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
One more question. I have the Lake county foam pads. I guess I will start with compound moose and the white pad, hopefully that is strong enough to get my swirls out. Then I will use the vanilla moose with the grey pad then the Red moose/yellow cream with the red pad then do the CMW by hand. Does that sound right?

Last edited:

jpk

Established Member
What is the Yellow Cream good for? The Clear Kote website just gives a very cryptic description.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
it says smoothing the paint....I read over at autopia that a few people had said it made a difference but of course their site has been down for a few days.....

Scott P

Established Member
jpk said:
What is the Yellow Cream good for? The Clear Kote website just gives a very cryptic description.

It's sort of an enigma. From the feedback I've received, it adds a very good amount of slickness and some additional depth. It works great when topped by Carnauba Moose Wax for finishes in good condition.

It adds an incremental amount of shine and depth. It's not going to blow your doors off, but it will make a difference in you final appearance. It's always worth a try. :)

jpk

Established Member
Do you put it on after the Vanilla Moose? Or is it a first step product that is meant to replace other polishes or glazes?

spree

Established Member
jpk said:
Do you put it on after the Vanilla Moose? Or is it a first step product that is meant to replace other polishes or glazes?

Yup, after VM. The pecking order goes like this...

VM
RMG
YCW

Todd03Blown

Established Member
SVT2B said:
did you do it yet? Post pics. I love the way a clean car looks.

LOL....yep I started at 9am and finished at 11pm last night
:cryying: . The car turned out really good. I still have some scratches in the hood and roof that were hard to get out. Black is a pain in the ass to get all of the imperfections out. I still have some etchings in the paint as well. I might just find someone to wet sand my car for me as well but have not decided on that at this time. I will just work on those blemishes out a little at a time. I did the full clearkote treatment. Here is what i used:

1. Wash with clearkote wash
2. Clay bar with Mothers Claybar
3. Blue Moose and Compound Moose - Used combination but 80% was compound moose
4. Vanilla Moose Glaze
5. Red Moose Machine Glaze
6. Yellow Moose Cream Wax
7. Carnuba Moose
8. Clearkote Metal polish - For Chrome wheels

Needless to say I am exhausted as I did not even get to finish the windows, interior or the exhaust system. I was only able to spend a few minutes on the chrome wheels as well. I did take pictures so I am trying to get the wife to pull those pics from the digital camera today. What is a good hosting site you all use to host your pics?

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
ttiwwop.gif
:poke:

You can use photobucket.com to host them. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread