Whats Better than Zaino?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I know that Zaino has a strong following, and I really want to try this stuff. But I am not that thrilled about their prices. There are a handful of you that have tried Zaino and still say that there are better products out there. My Black Cobra needs all the help it can get, so I am looking for some suggestions on other products before I try Zaino. My paint looks kinda dull and I am really looking to revive it a bit. Any help would be appreicated.

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
URDONE said:
I know that Zaino has a strong following, and I really want to try this stuff. But I am not that thrilled about their prices. There are a handful of you that have tried Zaino and still say that there are better products out there. My Black Cobra needs all the help it can get, so I am looking for some suggestions on other products before I try Zaino. My paint looks kinda dull and I am really looking to revive it a bit. Any help would be appreicated.

You need to give Tropi-Care a try. Our products were designed to be simple to use, and provide a show car shine. For your black car, I recommend the following steps.

Wash
Clay
Swirl Cutter, to remove the fine scratches and swirls
TC-3 Polish, this will give your paint the depth and clarity you are seeking

wipe down between steps with our detail spray.

If you have a orbital buffer, use it with our foam pads to apply the swirl cutter and the polish.

I have detailed many black cars following these steps, and they all come out looking like new.

Let me know if I can help further.

Chris

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:
You need to give Tropi-Care a try. Our products were designed to be simple to use, and provide a show car shine. For your black car, I recommend the following steps.

Wash
Clay

If you have a orbital buffer, use it with our foam pads to apply the swirl cutter and the polish.

I have detailed many black cars following these steps, and they all come out looking like new.

Chris

PM me a price on all this.

Anyone else??? I have heard good things about Poorboys products?

Scott P

Established Member
What is your definition of better? Are you looking for ease of use? Shine? depth? Wetness?, Price? Thre is no one "best" wax or sealant. It is a very subjective topic. Let us (the forum) know what you are looking for specifically and I'm sure we can come up with a list for you.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Admas Detail SPray. :rockon:

clearkote Polish/wax for fast easy/superior results :bowdown:

Poorboy's Super Slick suds Car Wash. :pepper:
Poorbpy's SSR 2.5 :thumbsup:
Poorboy's Bold B bright. :burnout:

I personally prefer these names....but scott is right it depends on specific products that perform a specific way. Not all Zaino Products are supreme. thats why its good to have the best of all worlds :beer:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Scott P said:
What is your definition of better? Are you looking for ease of use? Shine? depth? Wetness?, Price? Thre is no one "best" wax or sealant. It is a very subjective topic. Let us (the forum) know what you are looking for specifically and I'm sure we can come up with a list for you.

Sorry, I realize it was a broad question. I just need something that will help my black paint come back to life. I usually just use Meguiers NXT wax, but that shine doesn't last very long and my paint goes back to looking dull. Which do you guys think is the best on black paint, shine, depth, or wetness??? I really don't know much about detailing. I suppose price is not that important, as long as its not more than Zaino. In which case I would just give Zaino a try. :shrug:

SVECobraR

Established Member
I'm going to try this setup. Its pretty general.
1)Washing with Adam's suds and soap and drying with micro-fiber waffer towels
2)Claying with Adam's clay bar and detail spray
3)Rinsing
4)PoorBoy's SSR 2.5 (Maybe even 3, my paint has alot of spider webs) with cutting pad, remove with microfiber.
5)PoorBoy's SSR 1 with a finishing pad and removed with microfiber towel.
6)Then apply KlearCote Vanilla Mouse with finishing pad and remove with microfiber pad
7)Then Red Machine Glaze (cars black) finishing pad
8)I'm not sure about my final wax, Everyone likes Klearkotes and S100 but i don't know which one yet.
9)And use Adam's V.P.R. and carpet cleaner and other accessory cleaners.

Sound Good?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
I'm going to try this setup. Its pretty general.
1)Washing with Adam's suds and soap and drying with micro-fiber waffer towels
2)Claying with Adam's clay bar and detail spray
3)Rinsing
4)PoorBoy's SSR 2.5 (Maybe even 3, my paint has alot of spider webs) with cutting pad, remove with microfiber.
5)PoorBoy's SSR 1 with a finishing pad and removed with microfiber towel.
6)Then apply KlearCote Vanilla Mouse with finishing pad and remove with microfiber pad
7)Then Red Machine Glaze (cars black) finishing pad
8)I'm not sure about my final wax, Everyone likes Klearkotes and S100 but i don't know which one yet.
9)And use Adam's V.P.R. and carpet cleaner and other accessory cleaners.

Sound Good?
i wouldnt use SSR 3 unless you have a rotary, i tried it with a PC and it came it very hazed, it took some work with 2.5 to get it clear again. If 2.5 doesnt cut it, then try Menzerna FPII or IP. I would just do RMG, you would just be basically doing the same thing twice with VM. I would top with Clearkote.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Here is the link to my thread with my black cobra results using all Clearkote products.
Here are some pics:
P6251023.gif

P6251025.gif

P6251024.gif

P6251028.gif

P6251021.gif

P6251027.gif

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194731

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
That's one clean ass Cobra!!!!

One little suggestion though. I have those same wheels and I notice you have the brake dust problem inside the wheels also. I will sometimes pull my wheels off just to clean them and it makes it look so much better. You can also buy a special wheel brush which works great too if the wheels aren't too caked. I just prefer taking the wheels off and spraying Eagle 1 A2Z on them.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:

Wash
Clay

Chris

I would like a pm for price as well......please. :banana:

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Here is what I did:
1.Wash
2.Mothers clay bar
3.Poorboys ssr2.5(orange cutting pad)
4.Poorboys ssr1(Blue cutting pad)
5.Clearkote RMG(White finishing pad)
6.Clearkote Moose was(applied by hand)
7.Clearkote Quikshine(to keep up the shine)
cobra12.jpg

cobra16.jpg

cobra21.jpg

cobra28.jpg

cobra27.jpg

cobra24.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Clearkote and Poorboy's products kick ass. I've used many different waxes, polishes, etc (including the entire Zaino line) and these are definitely my favorite.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Clearkote and Poorboy's products kick ass. I've used many different waxes, polishes, etc (including the entire Zaino line) and these are definitely my favorite.

I will have to agree with you on that one.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:

Wash
Clay

Chris

Pm me a price as well!! And any good combos for a white car!! :beer:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
That's one clean ass Cobra!!!!

One little suggestion though. I have those same wheels and I notice you have the brake dust problem inside the wheels also. I will sometimes pull my wheels off just to clean them and it makes it look so much better. You can also buy a special wheel brush which works great too if the wheels aren't too caked. I just prefer taking the wheels off and spraying Eagle 1 A2Z on them.

Thanks Juiced.....In these pics I did not clean the inside of my wheels or my windows or the wheelwells :-D ran out of time since i spent so much on the outside..I hope this weekend to finish it off totally and will do what you suggested; I actually do this about once every 2 months.... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread