Whats better than one Sonic Blue '03 SVT?

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Well welcome me to the family because I picked up a second. I of course have my '03 Lightning which is undergoing a transformation right now, but I also picked up a '03 Cobra from the classifieds. I always wondered what this Cobra fuss was all about... well I'm about to learn :rockon: I figure both SVTs would look pretty badass parked next to eachother when I hit up the car shows around southern Atlanta this summer.

The car looks pretty good overall but I'm taking off the vinyl the previous owner has on the rear glass and putting back in some of the stock head/tail lights. And the fuel door is back to stock as well. Here are some pics...

cobra4.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra1g.jpg

cobra3.jpg

p7300021.jpg

p7300022.jpg

--Matt

rw93cobra

Established Member
congrats man! I just picked up a sonic blue cobra last week and love it. I can't wait to get pics with my 03 and 93 cobras:rockon:

01SVTSTANG

Established Member
Looks good! Just hurry and get those headlights/taillights off please lol. American muscle sells some good replacement ones or smoked ones like the ones on my car. Pic in my sig. Or if you just want stock ones, I have the stock taillights out of my car that are in great shape, headlights were too dull. PM me if interested bro!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking '03 Matt! I think I've seen that car before. I remember the stripes. Best of luck with it!

GodStang

Established Member
From a fellow Sonic Blue owner congrats and yes please ditch the head and tail lights.

black 10th vert

Established Member
That car will look really sweet, once you tone it down a bit by changing those things you mentioned. The way it sat when you got it is a perfect example of how things can easily be overdone on these cars by getting too carried away with details. Stripes look good by themselves without all of the other stuff.

2001blkR

Established Member
Great to have another sb cobra around atl, congrats and I'm sure it'll look great when you take all that stuff off.

SpectorV

Established Member
nice, you dont have to many bad mods on it so you can turn it around and get it looking like it should (headlights, tail lights, remove stripes)

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Damn, I just gave away my tail lights when I swapped to the 99's! I would have just sent them to you to rescue that poor car! Congrats on the purchase!

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Looks good! Just hurry and get those headlights/taillights off please lol. American muscle sells some good replacement ones or smoked ones like the ones on my car. Pic in my sig. Or if you just want stock ones, I have the stock taillights out of my car that are in great shape, headlights were too dull. PM me if interested bro!

I'll keep that in mind. I like to keep the stock look of my vehicles so noone knows the fury beneath. Putting a hellova motor in the truck but aside from the Hotchkis suspension kit and 20" chrome reps to go on it... stock as could be.

nice, post up pics once you get the vinyl etc off of it.

Once I pick it up on 1 July and drive it back down to Georgia I'm pulling out the razor blades. The stripes are painted on, but they're done pretty well... not a cheap autozone vinyl.

Great looking '03 Matt! I think I've seen that car before. I remember the stripes. Best of luck with it!

Thanks bro... picked it up from a guy up in Massachusetts... Connecticut isn't too far away from you is it?

Great to have another sb cobra around atl, congrats and I'm sure it'll look great when you take all that stuff off.

Are there any meets in/around Atlanta except for the Varsity with all the ricers and bikes? Last time I went I saw 1 Cobra and 2 more Lightnings aside from mine.

congrata....now I wish I could find a SB L...

They're out there... I found mine on autotrader a few years ago. Look on NLOC and LightningRodder as well in their classifieds. You can find alot of built Lightnings for cheaper you would a Cobra. Good luck to ya.

--Matt

Users who are viewing this thread