Whats better in your opinion...?

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
I'm going turbo, just don't know whats better, its twins so, is behind the bumper mount better? Or in the engine bay? I would think behind the bumper to keep heat outta the engine bay. What do you guys think?

GHIG RTR

Banned
I went with in the engine bay just because to me it looks better when you pop your hood. Also, I didn't want to have to worry with as much with minor fender benders. Plus if I'm correct, I don't think it's exactly necessary to have a slave pump, but I could be wrong.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Mounting them in the bumper is better for heat control.

The only disadvantages to mounting them in the bumper is the fact that you will need to run a scavenge pump and the fact that you can't see them when you pop the hood.

I still prefer the in-the-bumper mounting position though, the engine bay gets awfully crowded when the turbos are in there too!

TRBO VNM

it is really personal preference. some like that WOW factor of the engine bay and some don't care. I like the wow factor, but after seeing a couple of twin cars with them in the engine bay, there is just way too much going on in there for my tastes with the piping, water and oil cooling lines, hoses, etc. it is nice because of no scavange pump and all, but man, there already is barely any room in the engine bay. I also don't like the relocation of a lot of things.

it really just boils down to personal preference.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i was originally planning on the Hellion twin kit becasue i loved the hidden turbo look. i liked the idea of nothing really changing under the hood....but i will say after going through the Hellion single install there is nothing more satisfying than seeing that sweet turbo sitting there fully visible in the engine bay. i agree with Jason, the twin kits in the engine bay(HPP) can seem a little crowded....

DUMBASS

Banned
the hpp kit is the route i would go if i was to do it again. i think the install looks really clean if done well and they make very good power.

Users who are viewing this thread