What's been your worst experience with a bouncer?

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
For more the younger crowd, or anyone for that matter, what has been your worst experience with a bouncer checking your I.D.?

I went out to the local nightclub last night and I turned 21 in July and the bouncer looked at my ID for around 30-40 seconds then passed me and the ID on to an undercover detective to be questioned. Keep in mind the line was like 50 kids and I'm the only one who got questioned. Literally happens to me every time. They start asking me questions like where I live, the county I live in, my height displayed on my ID, etc. Just asking all these questions about me. I was also sick and a bit tired, so my response were a bit delayed which didn't help my cause which I'll admit (probably shouldn't even have been out but my best friend just turned 21). Cop got disgruntled with me so they ended up running my ID through the computers (NCIC, NDR), in the cruiser while I waited with his partner. The officer is like "You sure you don't want to disclose anything about this being fake? I don't want have to take you to jail." Hell the way things are going I thought he was gonna ask if I had any warrants out for my arrest lol. Anyhow I just cooperated, I said "No, I'm clean never even been pulled over in my life." Didn't want any trouble and knew I wasn't doing anything wrong, just a bit tired and winded. Anyhow he came back and said, "Thanks for being cool dude, have a good night, be smart." I'm all for the PD trying to keep everyone safe but this is not the first time, and certainly not the last. I showed 3 forms of ID to the bouncer and he still passed me on to the detective, like come on now.

08mojo

Established Member
I feel bad for younger generations...new technology and money grab laws are getting ridiculous. I had friends that used painfully obvious fakes, and sometimes we were passing the same ID to the people behind us in line. If you did get caught with a fake, at worst the bouncer/whatever would keep your ID and tell you to get lost.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Are you small? Or do you look young? I've never had a single issue but I've only dealt with bouncers a few times. Not really my style of fun.
I'm 6'2 and weigh 145. So height wise I'm not small per say, but I'm a stick weight wise. My dad is 6'7 225. Gotta bulk up lol I know

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I used to be a bouncer.

The bar is liable for any underage kids that get in, and if you let someone underage get in, it is your ass. This happened once with a new doorman. It was caught quickly, but at the end of the night we all had our meeting where the owner shredded this guy and fired him on the spot. Not to mention if they get drunk, assaulted, cause a wreck after, etc. That bar is in for a world of hurt.

You likely look young and they were covering their asses. Used to have a guy come in that was 23, but he was maybe 5'3 and looked at most to be 15. He got checked up and down, including by the cops on hand. No issue after but he looked super young.

At a glance you probably look 19, so don't be so sensitive.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I used to be a bouncer.

The bar is liable for any underage kids that get in, and if you let someone underage get in, it is your ass. This happened once with a new doorman. It was caught quickly, but at the end of the night we all had our meeting where the owner shredded this guy and fired him on the spot. Not to mention if they get drunk, assaulted, cause a wreck after, etc. That bar is in for a world of hurt.

You likely look young and they were covering their asses. Used to have a guy come in that was 23, but he was maybe 5'3 and looked at most to be 15. He got checked up and down, including by the cops on hand. No issue after but he looked super young.

What he said. I also bounced in several locations and states in my youth and constantly ran into people who’s ID’s concerned me. That said this was quite a long time ago and never once did we have a PO sitting outside to run the ID’s for us.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I used to be a bouncer.

Totally understand man. You're just doing your job. Can't get mad at that. Inconvenient at best, and I mean the more and more I get pulled aside, the more and more I get a laugh out of it in the end. Will make for good stories in the future. Not the type to put up a fight over it.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
What he said. I also bounced in several locations and states in my youth and constantly ran into people who’s ID’s concerned me. That said this was quite a long time ago and never once did we have a PO sitting outside to run the ID’s for us.
Been 10 years for me. We always had two cops on hand, and at least one arrest, usually more on ladies night. We had a mix of middle class and hood rats, lol. Latin nights were total chaos, lol.

Totally understand man. You're just doing your job. Can't get mad at that. Inconvenient at best, and I mean the more and more I get pulled aside, the more and more I get a laugh out of it in the end. Will make for good stories in the future. Cheers
Enjoy looking young. I had a fake ID at 17 and only one time in two years did anyone even question me, lol.

tistan

Established Member
I always looked young for my age. I had a couple bouncers threaten to confiscate my "fake" Id. I just threatened to sue them. It is nice knowing your about to get a pay day in the event they steal your legal ID.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Been 10 years for me. We always had two cops on hand, and at least one arrest, usually more on ladies night. We had a mix of middle class and hood rats, lol. Latin nights were total chaos, lol.

Enjoy looking young. I had a fake ID at 17 and only one time in two years did anyone even question me, lol.
Gotta milk the baby face for as long as I can. In the words of my dad, "cherish it now because getting old sucks." And he has not aged well

colin450

Established Member
I was using my older brother's ID going to bars in Providence when I was 19 (I'm 29 now) which seems absolutely absurd looking back on it. Never got denied anywhere. Times have changed and rightfully so I guess. Less fun for the younger crowd though.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Trick question. This is SVTP; everyone here is 6'6 and benches 400+, and is a bouncer.

But seriously, my worst experience with a bouncer was probably getting thrown through the double doors face first by a bouncer after someone swung on me...and I swung back.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Never got ID'ed back in the day, you could get into a bunch of places at 16, but the drinking age was 18.
No wise ass old man comment either. lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
I was using my older brother's ID going to bars in Providence when I was 19 (I'm 29 now) which seems absolutely absurd looking back on it. Never got denied anywhere. Times have changed and rightfully so I guess. Less fun for the younger crowd though.
They are too busy vaping, blogging & posting selfies on IG anyway

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I was too busy playing counter strike to go out in my younger days. Going out to a bar is absolute torture for me. I can not stand to drink in public and even worse be around someone who is drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread