What's a 2004 Cobra convertible worth?

Dawgman

Established Member
I'm trying to help a friend sell a 2004 Cobra convertible he purchased new. Silver with 58,000 miles. Haven't seen it in person, but I know he keeps a nice car and pictures reflect that. No modifications and he has original window sticker. He's waiting on a new GT500. What's his Cobra worth?

dragrazor

Established Member
You are going to get some lower numbers for it for being a convertible here. That being said, its still a terminator. Prices are all over the place. I have seen some sell for more than i thought and some less than i thought. Some aren’t selling at all. I follow ebay and the auctions. I would price it at 25-30k. The cheaper, the quicker it will sell.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Prices on used cars are up. For how long, we don't know. IMO a factory stock Terminator convertible with 58K miles could sell for low $30Ks. Assuming the paint is excellent, the interior is very good, and there's no damage to the body. Yes, being a convertible hurts a bit, but being truly a one-owner Terminator and no modifications (which is rare) will help the price. It definitely makes sense to see what they've been selling for over the past month (eBay, SVTP Market, etc.). I know someone who is selling his Terminator (modded) for $39K. It's a coupe and nicely modded, with 47K miles.

In the end, the market (and location) will determine what he'll get for his Cobra.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
24k due to being silver and higher side of mileage. 30k if he wants to sit around and wait

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Mid 20s all day, more if willing to wait for the right buyer. Around one out every 15 posts is actually looking for one. I still dont understand the downside of a vert. It weighs a little more and most guys today aren't buying one for a drag car. Keep the top up and it's a coupe, drop the top in warmer months and really hear the blower and exhaust. If someone can explain the negative of a vert. To me you can do more I wouldn't sell mine for less based on that. You will find a guy looking for one just might take a little longer.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I bought my Vert in January 2021 for $20k. 69k miles. Relatively stock. Immaculate interior. 7.8/10 exterior.

Add $5k-8k to that I would imagine for where prices are.

I probably overpaid a tad but it was my dream car so I was willing to pay it.

Attachments

• E38068E0-E1FC-435B-BA5C-2CCB7CD625AF.jpeg
    E38068E0-E1FC-435B-BA5C-2CCB7CD625AF.jpeg
    629.3 KB · Views: 55

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Mid 20s all day, more if willing to wait for the right buyer. Around one out every 15 posts is actually looking for one. I still dont understand the downside of a vert. It weighs a little more and most guys today aren't buying one for a drag car. Keep the top up and it's a coupe, drop the top in warmer months and really hear the blower and exhaust. If someone can explain the negative of a vert. To me you can do more I wouldn't sell mine for less based on that. You will find a guy looking for one just might take a little longer.

there's pros and cons to both, but they really are different animals. the coupe is definitely tighter and more "race car"

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm trying to help a friend sell a 2004 Cobra convertible he purchased new. Silver with 58,000 miles. Haven't seen it in person, but I know he keeps a nice car and pictures reflect that. No modifications and he has original window sticker. He's waiting on a new GT500. What's his Cobra worth?

I'm in Savannah / Hinesville area, I would be more than happy to take a look at it if its local.

Shoot me a message if you wanna get together

Last edited:

dragrazor

Established Member
Well, when most of the coupes get ragged out because they were race cars, the convertibles will be more appetizing i guess.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
So anyone following along here, pictures were sent to me about 34 of em. Car has been a Florida car I think all its life.

Its a very clean car in pics.
True 1 owner, top is taunt and not saggy, not faded
Except for the K&N filter, bone stock engine bay w/ pulley cage, motorcraft battery
Mesh screen in the grill opening
And the most important, the drivers seat bolster is a solid 9 out of 10
Garage kept, sunny weekend cruiser for sure

At this time, I won't post pictures due to not having owners consent

Last edited:

Marines691

Established Member
Prices on used cars are up. For how long, we don't know. IMO a factory stock Terminator convertible with 58K miles could sell for low $30Ks. Assuming the paint is excellent, the interior is very good, and there's no damage to the body. Yes, being a convertible hurts a bit, but being truly a one-owner Terminator and no modifications (which is rare) will help the price. It definitely makes sense to see what they've been selling for over the past month (eBay, SVTP Market, etc.). I know someone who is selling his Terminator (modded) for $39K. It's a coupe and nicely modded, with 47K miles.

In the end, the market (and location) will determine what he'll get for his Cobra.
Your previous cobra? Yeah I'm buying it. You know him pretty well and trust him? Trying to decide if I trust enough to wire him and have someone deliver it instead of just picking it up myself and driving the 17 hours lol.

jbr03cobra

Established Member
To me it seems like Cobras are selling here for quite a bit lower as compared to when i look on eBay/craigslist. With aftermarket dealers asking wayyy more for clean coupes and convertibles

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
To me it seems like Cobras are selling here for quite a bit lower as compared to when i look on eBay/craigslist. With aftermarket dealers asking wayyy more for clean coupes and convertibles

asking and getting are 2 different things.

Why anyone would pay north of $35k for colors OTHER THAN Mystic and Comp Orange baffles me. But there is an ass for every seat:)

phils04gt

Established Member
It appears dealers are listing for ridiculous prices and then private owners see that and do the same thing . But as you said, these same high-priced cars haven't moved. Still for sale. There are a select few that sold for good money, but they seem to be the super low mile, rare cars. Seems the 30k and less cars sell somewhat quickly but anything above that sit, and sit.

Users who are viewing this thread