What would you pay for an 03 cobra with issues

11redGT/CS

Established Member
My opinion, if your going to fix and keep might be worth it but if you soon find out it's more than your willing to deal with getting your money back might not be as easy as you think. If your questioning how much to pay and if it's fair so will the next guy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since you don't don't what the issue is, it obviously could be minor (like a leaking header flange) or major (resulting in an engine rebuild). You could end up with a steal at $16K, or you could end up on the losing end. Since you don't know the risk level at this point, I wouldn't pay more than $13K. Even then, you might end up wishing you paid more for a trouble-free Terminator.

CobraSam

Established Member
To me in comes down to how much of the work you can do yourself. If you can remove the engine and bring it to a Machine shop for an overhaul, you’re in good shape. I just had my heads/shortblock rebuilt with Mahle pistons for $3,800. You get that car for say 15K and you can do the work. Steal in my opinion.
Best case scenario it’s only something in the heads/valvetrain. You’d be in it for even less.

Users who are viewing this thread