What was your first car?

ltv1

Established Member
I used to hang out with these two brothers, their Dad had about as much use for a Beetle as, well, anyone does. So he wanted it off the lawn. In those days everyone was a tradesman, so he fixed it up some to sell. His other son crashed it drunk, so it was a *real*jewel to look at. I got my dads permission to buy it.

I was cruising along having a good time and a bumblebee zipped in the car and stung me. Being a brilliant 13 year old I was swatting at him with both hands.

Jumped a bullrush, or whatever you call them, and nose down into the swamp. It was comedic, the car was full. Nobody was hurt.

My dad had it towed away.............

:mj:

Then I bought a British Ford Anglia. Started a lawn fire because flames shot out the bottom. *I* had that POS towed away.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
'63 mg midgit, side curtains, fold up top, no 2nd gear, seats not bolted down, etc, etc..........

USMCracing

Established Member
1988 Bronco 2 POS Mom's old ride. FREE to ME to FIX.

1991 Blk on Blk LX 5.0 after i had a JOB and could pay for everything that came along with owning a real car. Tires monthly, Gas, Insurance, car payment.

Last edited:

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
1966 Mustang Coupe

289, auto, factory air, pony interior, 130,000 miles, huge dent in the rear bumber and trunk, faded paint. Dad paid $1,200 for it. Told me he would pay for 1/2 parts, no labor, and no insurance. Spent more time working on it than driving it. Loved that car.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Technically, my first car I got for free.... no, my parents didnt buy it... and no, no one gave it to me either!!

My buddies and I found an old abandoned 90's ford tempo in the woods!! haha..

We wanted to see if we could get it to run.. so, we bought a new battery and starter (someone stole the starter out of it).. and we hotwired that jugger!! It took 3 of us to break the steering column, all twisting on the steering wheel at once!! and we mashed all the wires together to get it to start. finally we found the starter wire!!

We beat the crap out of that thing on the dirt roads all summer long when I was 14! finally, it threw a rod. My friend was following me on his 4 wheeler when it started smoking real bad and dumped a TON of oil on the road. It threw a rod right through the oil pan!! He thought it was on fire!! but unfortunately it wasnt.

It still ran on 3 cylinders, so we drove it to its original spot where we found it.. right into a tree as fast as it would go!!! (at this point, it would only do 20!)

But, my first street-legal car was an 83 mustang GT with T-tops. I miss those t-tops!!

-Homer

stangin

Established Member
73 Chevy Vega in 1983. Paid $75 dollars, found a steel sleeved engine for $100 fixed it up painted, dual side draft webbers, header etc.. had the car for a year before my parents found out about it lol. That will teach them to not tell me to get my grades up or I cant have a car! I will buy it and park it around the corner lol. I had that car for eight years and never had a problem with it. I wish I still had it as it turned out nice and would have a 350 Chebby in it, they are hard to find now. Sure saw a lot of them in the junk yard at the time lol, there was even signs at the junk yard stating "we no longer buy Vega's".

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
i had a 87 trans am GTA with a 350tpi, bought it when the guy passed away $2800. drove it for a year put alot of miles on it, wined up selling the car for $4000 with 150k miles on it. i loved that car!!!!!

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
yeah it wasn't bad at all, after that speed became an adiction. Which brings me to my current car (99 cobra) that is on the way to fast.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra03
1966 Mustang Coupe

289, auto, factory air, pony interior, 130,000 miles, huge dent in the rear bumber and trunk, faded paint. Dad paid $1,200 for it. Told me he would pay for 1/2 parts, no labor, and no insurance.
Spent more time working on it than driving it. Loved that car.

me too, i spent more time working on mine than driving it, I had a lot of things go wrong, when I first put in the 429 the engine sat real low, cause we jerry rigged it in, I got the right mounts in now, but I hit a bump scraped the oil pan and put a hole in it, so i jb weld it together until i finnally had the engine out to put a new oil pan on, the first time i had it on the freeway it started making this real loud grinding noise, I pulled over looked under, nothing wrong, so i took off back to the next off ramp and pulled over in a gas station and it was just poring trans fluid out the front seal, whatever was wrong with the trans it blew the front seal when got on the freeway, just a couple of the many problems i had

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by Jerky
Sweet Callie. One of my best friends bought a '98 . . . I loved those soo much. Thats why I bought the '99, until the '03, IMVHO the '98's were the best.

Well at the time.. they were the best :thumbsup:

My car wasn't running 12's stock.. but I still love it as much as I did the first day I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread