What was your first car?

Jens03GT

Established Member
I was thinking that it would be nice to see how far everyone has come. What was your first car? Was it a POS or was not too bad. Or better yet, did mommy and daddy buy you your first cobra? Just curious. No need to be shy. :-D

Jens03GT

Established Member
I had mine used. My parents said that if I wanted a car I had to have a job. I ended getting a good job and then I bought my parents blazer. I bought it for $1000. Good deal. That was what got me started on cars and stuff. The transmission blew and of course I did not have the money for it. So I did the next best thing. I fixed it myself. My dad helped but mostly did it myself.:thumbsup:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
1993 Mustang LX 4 cyl.

2.3L of raw 120 honda civic beating power. I loved that car.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
I had mine used. My parents said that if I wanted a car I had to have a job. I ended getting a good job and then I bought my parents blazer. I bought it for $1000. Good deal. That was what got me started on cars and stuff. The transmission blew and of course I did not have the money for it. So I did the next best thing. I fixed it myself. My dad helped but mostly did it myself.:thumbsup:

That's a fun memory. . . you'll never forget that :thumbsup:

Sweet ride Matt!

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Sweet Callie. One of my best friends bought a '98 . . . I loved those soo much. Thats why I bought the '99, until the '03, IMVHO the '98's were the best.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Grandfather bought me a brand new Hyaundai Elantra on the day of my senior prom. :)

Pulled into the driveway after leaving the dealership and my mom took one look at it, called my grandfather and made him take it back. :eek: Why? "No child should have a brand new car." :(

Ended up with a used Toyota Corolla. Took a little washing and waxing but it was good as new. :) I miss that car sometimes.

ltv1

Established Member
35.00 Beetle when I was 13 years old. Red, see-through floorboards. Drove it into a swamp.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by ltv1
35.00 Beetle when I was 13 years old. Red, see-through floorboards. Drove it into a swamp.

That's a story I've gotta hear. And 13!!

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
69 mach 1, when i got it had no engine, so i bought a 429 and c6 trans and me and my dad put it in the car, had a bad trans that i drove it around all through high school, and ended up getting it fixed and did some work on the engine a couple years after i joined the Navy, runs good and strong now, just dont drive straight

Jens03GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 98cobrancali
69 mach 1, when i got it had no engine, so i bought a 429 and c6 trans and me and my dad put it in the car, had a bad trans that i drove it around all through high school, and ended up getting it fixed and did some work on the engine a couple years after i joined the Navy, runs good and strong now, just dont drive straight

You see now that is what I like to hear. Except for the don't drive straight part.

Users who are viewing this thread