What turbo does everyone run?

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
I'm making some changes this winter. I am running a precision 7675 .96 a/r billet wheel. I been looking at the bullseye 80mm batmowheel. Curious if anyone is running the bullseyes or what is everyone else running? Mind isn't made up yet, I may stay 7675.
Thanks!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I run twin borg 62 sx-e's. I'd call Jose at Forced Inductions and have him spec you a turbo. It will be cheaper than bullseye and they seem to perform just as well. If not, an regular ol S480 with a race cover will out power a PTE 76/75.

s351

Established Member
How hard have you pushed that 7675? from what I've read your still stock longblock?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I have ran the 7675. It is a decent turbo. I would also say go with the S480 or S476. Both will outpower the 7675 and more reliable.

speedy3remy

Established Member
Garrett dont quote me ... but i think there the only 1 who pass the Burst test :) i ran a gtx4508r 81mm a bit BIG! you need to back off the rad space for fans is tight but its perfect for road,water and oil cooled and they got so many World record :) :) My bud 4yrs 4cyl 1600hp same turbo and world record older ran perfect. got a second car promod 2500hp twin PTE and man you need a bucket beside it PTE do not equal reliability as Garrett does ...Why do you think Garrett fired the PTE gang in the 80s they were Stealing stuf from Garrett...:) IMG_20161102_161659.jpg
food for taught cheers!...

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I run a BW S482 with race cover.Turbine is 87/81 with a 1.25 t4. It performs really well and makes good power. 960 wheel, 30 psi, through a th400. Hoping to have a much better intake manifold and cams by next season, which sould easily see 1000+

Comes on well also for a bigger turbo and a tighter 3600 converter. I see 30 psi in the mid 4000s.

islander033

Established Member
I run a BW S482 with race cover.Turbine is 87/81 with a 1.25 t4. It performs really well and makes good power. 960 wheel, 30 psi, through a th400. Hoping to have a much better intake manifold and cams by next season, which sould easily see 1000+

Comes on well also for a bigger turbo and a tighter 3600 converter. I see 30 psi in the mid 4000s.
What kind of trap speed do you see at 30psi?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
What kind of trap speed do you see at 30psi?

Hopefully 160. I've been 154 on 24-25 psi which is around 870 wheel. I had to leave on only 5 psi and do a little peddling on the 1-2 shift due to subpar suspension and tires.

KEVINS

Established Member
I'm making some changes this winter. I am running a precision 7675 .96 a/r billet wheel. I been looking at the bullseye 80mm batmowheel. Curious if anyone is running the bullseyes or what is everyone else running? Mind isn't made up yet, I may stay 7675.
Thanks!

Contact Brian Bissonette and pick his brain. I'm sure he can spec something out for you that will make the power you want: ([email protected])

ks

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
go with a custom Comp Turbo. why have wat everyone else has wen u can build a custom one thats lighter and spools faster then wat most other hav. it aint gonna cost much if any more then a new GTX will.

them BW's are really sweet tho and cheaper for sure. I'm considering one on my Turbo Busa.

Thanks!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
[/QUOTE]
Contact Brian Bissonette and pick his brain. I'm sure he can spec something out for you that will make the power you want: ([email protected])

ks

Bison (Brian Bissonette) is a very close friend of mine in fact my GN is at his shop right now and yes he too can hook you up with a great Turbo much cheaper then anyone else will. he is also literally a genius wen matching a Turbo to ones combo.

freakn wealth of knowledge and will talk to anyone for as long as they want on the phone. text him @ (203) 640-2126 super nice guy!!!! no attitude no ego!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
go with a custom Comp Turbo. why have wat everyone else has wen u can build a custom one thats lighter and spools faster then wat most other hav. it aint gonna cost much if any more then a new GTX will.

them BW's are really sweet tho and cheaper for sure. I'm considering one on my Turbo Busa.
I will never run a comp turbo. They never seem to perform as well as they claim.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so bottom line is YOU have never used a Comp Turbo and therefore have absolutely ZERO experience with them but ur gonna tell everyone how ineffective they are.

that makes about as much sense as ur McDonalds comment does.

If you saw 4 people go to Mcdonalds and order a hamburger and get a shit sandwich would you go up there and order just to make sure?

Users who are viewing this thread