What Tow Rig Combination

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
When I got my company vehicle my wife confiscated the truck. We downsized and sold her car. My wife is the typical woman; clean house, messy vehicle.

My two concerns are not wanting to over or under buy on the vehicle and how little it will get used. All I have to do is have 80% of my company vehicle use for work. I take it on vacation and put none of my own money in gas in it.

The 2015 F150 we have is about due for another oil change. A whopping 2k miles in 6 months. Lol

The two drawbacks to my F150 is having the 6 speed vs 10, which isn’t a big one, and only 23 gallon tank. The 16 or 17s got the 10sp and 36 gallon tank with the Max Tow.

Sent from the Coronas Response Team.

so when its family time pay $50 to have it detailed. I dont think the 10spd is that big of a deal honestly, the OD gearing is the same. I believe you can swap out for the larger fuel tank and use Forscan to correct the miles to empty calibration. Otherwise just trade her F150 on a new one and stay with the open trailer. Why have 2 vehicles that basically dont get used.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep and the 6r80 is a damn fine trans.

I have zero complaints about the 6R80, in fact I plan to use it in my next shitbox poverty 2V project. I just think the 10sp would help out ever so slightly on towing if I go F150.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have zero complaints about the 6R80, in fact I plan to use it in my next shitbox poverty 2V project. I just think the 10sp would help out ever so slightly on towing if I go F150.

I cant disagree with that.

What motor is in your current F150?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It sounds like you need to make the decision on the trailer then you'll be able to decide on the truck.

If you can get the open trailer and be happy forever with it then get the F150. If there's even an inkling you'll want the enclosed trailer then get the F250. That's what I did. I could tow my current toys with a half ton. But within a couple years the wife and I want a toy hauler so I'll need the tow capacity at that point.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I cant disagree with that.

What motor is in your current F150?

3.5EB

It sounds like you need to make the decision on the trailer then you'll be able to decide on the truck.

If you can get the open trailer and be happy forever with it then get the F150. If there's even an inkling you'll want the enclosed trailer then get the F250. That's what I did. I could tow my current toys with a half ton. But within a couple years the wife and I want a toy hauler so I'll need the tow capacity at that point.

I’d be fine with an open trailer to be honest. Part of me wants a nice enclosed trailer and another pet says keep it simple and keep it fun rather than letting things get too serious.

Users who are viewing this thread