what to expect from these mods?

SVT Ryan

Established Member
Well I ordered my first parts for the cobra this is what i got what power should I expect?
LFP 2.7 pulley
NGK TR6 PLUGS
BILLETFLOW SNUB IDLER 100MM
HILTON BOOST OVERLAY 16PSI
SCT xcal 3 with a tune from LFP

I already have K&N FIPK
Prochamber midpipe
Bassani cat back

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
I would say that va boy is pretty right on it will be different based on ambient temps weather and most of all the tuner

your fuel will be fine me personally i would concentrate on cooling and fuel mods till you get another power adder but i just like being extra safe

Last edited:

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Only from what I've seen, personally I don't think it'll see those numbers. More like 450-460 rwhp.

svtcobratenthan

Established Member
mods

what part of tx are u in? My first round of mods had a 4lb lower and a 2.8 upper @ cat back ex. also lfp heat exchanger. I barely saw 445hp that was usind the sct tuner. Well now i have stage3 crower cams and a 2.9 whipple full bassani ex full return style fuel system and so much other shit i dont want to have to type it all out. long story short im in the 700 club.If your in the dfw area i have a bunch of parts u might want. like a kb bap gt super car pumps a stage 6 steggy eaton.and some other things like that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Texas is a lower octane premium state, right? So that in mind, a 91 octane tune will likely land you in the 450-460rwhp (SAE) with the 2.70 upper.

SVT Ryan

Established Member
what part of tx are u in? My first round of mods had a 4lb lower and a 2.8 upper @ cat back ex. also lfp heat exchanger. I barely saw 445hp that was usind the sct tuner. Well now i have stage3 crower cams and a 2.9 whipple full bassani ex full return style fuel system and so much other shit i dont want to have to type it all out. long story short im in the 700 club.If your in the dfw area i have a bunch of parts u might want. like a kb bap gt super car pumps a stage 6 steggy eaton.and some other things like that.

I'm in Lubbock about 5hrs west of you

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Well....my car with 2.76 upper, 100m idler, catback, midpipe, highflow cats, JLT intake and tune made 445whp/472tq with a slipping belt. the belt slips at 5Krpm and the boost drops a lot, so with a correct size belt it'll be around 465-470. So use that for reference. It also depends on the dyno and whos tuning it.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Should be 450-470 and like torque. Not on that LFP tune from JJ though. 420 I bet. They run no timing and a ton of fuel or too much timing and no fuel. Buy the x cal, save the 150 or however much and spend 400 for a local tuner to set you up. You can install all of the parts and cruise to the dyno without any issues.

SVT Ryan

Established Member
The tune lfp is definitely going to be a temporary tune untill I can get to a dyno. Boost Performance in amarillo will be my tune shop

Last edited:

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
Mine made 470/483 with nearly the same mods. Problem was I was at 100% FPDC at 4200rpms. My stock pumps were swapped out for used(17k miles) pumps and now my FPDC isn't maxed until 5700rpms but I took a small hit on rwhp. I'm now making 456/481...Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread