What to do with the homeless?

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Homeless folks fall into three camps, this is based on years of hands experience and not conjecture.
1) Permanent homeless people- these are folks drug addicted, mentally deficient and incapable of living in normal society. There is no rehab for them, no way to fix them. They wont go to rehab, shelters serve no purpose for them as they have become feral humans and cannot follow the rules of shelters etc.
2) Poor decision making homeless- These are folks who are have made a series of bad decisions in their lives, piss away every dime they ever earned and have been evicted and worn out the generosity of friends and family. They are homeless from time to time, but are capable of working and living on their own
3) Temporary homeless- These are folks who had a catastrophic issue in their life.. death of parents, spouse or divorce, loss of job etc. They are not an issue, this is something that self corrects itself, and where our tax dollars and job placement programs have the most benefit..

Unfortunately a large group of our chronic homeless fall into group 1 above, and nothing can be done to mitigate the problem. If spending money, building houses, training, education, job placement etc.. if any of this worked for group number one, you would see very few people on the street. Problem is, these people cannot be helped, they cannot be rehabbed, we can only let them die off naturally.

Coiled03

Established Member
Everyone that's being hard on homeless need to remember one simple fact..

You are one series of unfortunate events from standing right next to them. Nothing guarantees your level of finances, home, or family/friends. In the blink of an eye, it can all be gone very quickly.

Think before you speak, because these are human beings. Not isolated animals.

I don't think anyone disagrees. Now, what does that have to do with the fact that there are already a multitude of programs designed to help them? Why do we need to do MORE to help them?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It always blows my mind in my area when I see homeless that are physically able to work but refuse.

I live in the largest area of oil production in America... people are ready to hire someone for $20 an hour to swing a hammer... but they cant find people willing to work

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
I'm curious to hear the SVTP solution to the homeless problem. What should we tax paying citizens do?

Most homeless people in america choose to be that way. This is a situation which can only be effectively dealt with on a case by case individual basis. This mean boots on the ground community involvement, not government programs.

Coiled03

Established Member
It always blows my mind in my area when I see homeless that are physically able to work but refuse.

I live in the largest area of oil production in America... people are ready to hire someone for $20 an hour to swing a hammer... but they cant find people willing to work

To be fair, swinging a hammer all day is hard work. Source: Me. I did it for several years in a different industry.

No, these people want $20/hr to sit in an air conditioned office with designer coffees available at the kiosk down the hall.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I don't think anyone disagrees. Now, what does that have to do with the fact that there are already a multitude of programs designed to help them? Why do we need to do MORE to help them?

I was addressing the level of respect people were paying to them. It was very little. And times, made them sound like stray animals.

There's no all encompassing fix to homelessness. They either don't want to be saved, are mentally too far gone to be of any productive use in society (due to drugs, abuse, illness), or simply have no interest in engaging in societal norms of a home/car/family/job.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
To be fair, swinging a hammer all day is hard work. Source: Me. I did it for several years in a different industry.

No, these people want $20/hr to sit in an air conditioned office with designer coffees available at the kiosk down the hall.

Weird thing is.. You never see work boots in the starbucks here.

Lol hell there is a company here.. Wont say the name...

They transport water to frac sites and rig sites..... Oh transport? You mean drive and move it? Nope.

They have guys... who sit in a pickup truck.. and they watch a pump.. aka... they nap.. watch movies.. etc. If the pump goes down.. they call someone to fix it and go back to their movie

Machdup1

Established Member
Maybe you are a little biased?
I have run into people that truly needed what I shared with them. I look at it as I am blessed to have the ability to try to help someone. I was in their position once but was to proud to beg so I worked three jobs. There were many days I could have given up. I figure if someone is willingly begging for help, they have reached an all time low.
I understand your view also, I can see it both ways. Just its my money and I have spent it on dumber things that have no possibility of making anyone's life better.
Part of my job takes all around and I see the same faces at intersections with the most stalled traffic. They move around the city in a coordinated manner, working the same scams day in and day out.

So save the pitiful lectures, I’m not buying that brand.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Everyone that's being hard on homeless need to remember one simple fact..

You are one series of unfortunate events from standing right next to them. Nothing guarantees your level of finances, home, or family/friends. In the blink of an eye, it can all be gone very quickly.

Think before you speak, because these are human beings. Not isolated animals.

Homeless folks fall into three camps, this is based on years of hands experience and not conjecture.
1) Permanent homeless people- these are folks drug addicted, mentally deficient and incapable of living in normal society. There is no rehab for them, no way to fix them. They wont go to rehab, shelters serve no purpose for them as they have become feral humans and cannot follow the rules of shelters etc.
2) Poor decision making homeless- These are folks who are have made a series of bad decisions in their lives, piss away every dime they ever earned and have been evicted and worn out the generosity of friends and family. They are homeless from time to time, but are capable of working and living on their own
3) Temporary homeless- These are folks who had a catastrophic issue in their life.. death of parents, spouse or divorce, loss of job etc. They are not an issue, this is something that self corrects itself, and where our tax dollars and job placement programs have the most benefit..

Unfortunately a large group of our chronic homeless fall into group 1 above, and nothing can be done to mitigate the problem. If spending money, building houses, training, education, job placement etc.. if any of this worked for group number one, you would see very few people on the street. Problem is, these people cannot be helped, they cannot be rehabbed, we can only let them die off naturally.

Group 1: Essentially primal humans. They've made their choices. As for the mentally handicapped homeless in this category, there are social programs out there to fully house and feed and care for them at both the federal and state level. But its their CHOICE to go to them. My girlfriend is a group home State inspector for the Developmentally disabled after being a group home manger for over 10 years. At any time they can leave if they want to. Nothing to keep them there except good advice by the staff. Most know its in their best interest. The people that work in this sector are ****ing Saints and unfortunately woefully underpaid for the work they do.

Group 2 are the scum you see panhandling on the side of the road, at intersections. Will never get my respect, no matter how pitiful they appear. You have two arms and two legs and enough "smarts" to hustle your way on the streets. These people can get their shit together but they dont. **** them, they will never get my respect.

Group 3 are people that need and deserve a majority of the help. Id like to think that many that fall into this category know how to get the help they need to get back on their feet. Some dont and need a kick in the pants to get going but will be successful again after they get back on course.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The homeless issue is complex. There are those that we all know are addicts in some form or another. This leads to the person disowning those that love them, or his family abandoning the person. That is tragic, and these people need a lot of support in order to return to society and serve am active roll.

There are others that are thrust into homeless situations. They find themselves without any options. These people need generosity and encouragement. They do not want to live on the streets.

The approach needs to be realistic rather than Christian, which is what I gathered from your words. Support should not be unconditional and absolute otherwise it would be enabling.

My "friend" claims to be an alcoholic and while I was sympathetic for a while, I have completely pushed myself away because he uses every excuse in the book to "right" what he has wronged. As a 47 year old "man" he uses the tears and goes to the extreme of being admitted for a three day observation (no insurance mind you) and gets mom to pay for his rent come January 1. He applies for medical assistance (whichever one is for the "poor") and will expect to get it even as an able bodied person. How long does one need help coupled with constant failure before the hands are wiped clean kinda like Paulie to Henry in Goodfellas?

CobraKid04

Established Member
I agree with the three groups. Although, I have never met a homeless person that also doesn't have some type of addiction. Ie drugs, alcohol. Never.

I have searched enough bags in my day and it consists of these items. Cheap whiskey, cigarette tobacco for rolling, dog food, old shirt and socks.

Unfortunately, there are a large percentage that have a mental illness prior to their addiction, but there is no real mental health in America. 99% of the time they end up with an addiction, due to their environment.

In the late 1800-1970 if you had a child with a debilitating mental illness you dropped them off at a mental facility for the rest of their lives.now days people live in their parents basement or the street.

The ones who have issues but can still function, at some point have a break down and go in for treatment. This consists of doctor's pushing medications instead if actually treatment. Patient gets released, can't afford meds losses it again and the cycle repeats leading to homelessness.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Stop the oppressing taxes, and stop the housing market from spiraling upwards, with insane interest rates-and I'm saying that 4.0% is ridiculously high.

What motivation do these people have to dress up in a uniform and take a bus to work to exhaustion, just to pay the government to blow money, and pay all the rich landlords?

I think there should be a community setup for the homeless only. It will probably be the most Godly and friendly place on Earth.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Stop the oppressing taxes, and stop the housing market from spiraling upwards, with insane interest rates-and I'm saying that 4.0% is ridiculously high.

What motivation do these people have to dress up in a uniform and take a bus to work to exhaustion, just to pay the government to blow money, and pay all the rich landlords?

I think there should be a community setup for the homeless only. It will probably be the most Godly and friendly place on Earth.
You think 4% is high. It use to be 7-10% was the norm. Also with interest rates going up it will eventually bring house prices back down as your buying power becomes less.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Slab City, California

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Bahahaha! You smoke ALOT of weed, don’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

Completely agree. ^ Survival of the fittest. It's been working for 1,000s of years. Every species has degenerate specimens. Is what it is. I know that's sad and humanity wants to fix everything but some things can't be fixed.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
2 ways for it.

1.Give them government housing, make them live a military style life doing low skill tasks for the city they live in for room and board and 3 meals a day with basic health care.

2. Round them up, and use lethal injection.

Problem with #1 is that while doing this for the city, state, etc, they will purposely injure themselves to get the payout. Wife sees it all day in HR, so many people with ****ing claims its not even funny. Then you have the issue where these places where we store them just end up becoming drug dens and prostitution rings full of human filth and human trafficking. F that.

Also, there's a big difference between those that fall on hard times and end up just homeless but want help, and those that CHOOSE this lifestyle, either due to addiction or not wanting to be part of society, etc. Some of these people don't want your help, they don't want responsibilities and will not conform to social norms. For those that do, there are already sufficient programs in place for them to get room and board and some assistance to get back on their feet. And i'm so goddamn sick of hearing "oh they're homeless cause of mental illness, its a disease, etc" no, they're homeless cause they're meth addict tweakers and that was a choice. If you put that needle in your arm or that crack pipe to your lips KNOWING that nobody's life ever got magically better after meth or heroin, what happens after is 100% your doing.

I'm leaning closer to #2 these days, not only for bums/vagrants but for heavy drug users. Lace all the heroin/meth with fentanyl, block narcan OD resuscitation for x months after that, and watch the problem solve itself. As for homeless, you get one chance at rehab/assistance and after that, its euthanization. If you aren't a productive member of society, you don't get to be part of it.

Coiled03

Established Member

What the actual ****? Why don't you go ahead and set up that community you're talking about, and then live there, if you think it would be so great?

Users who are viewing this thread