What to do with $8000 and a 2012 GT500?

boosted281

Established Member
With the 2013 being announced at 650hp/600tq its time to step my new 2012 up a notch so......Guys I don't want to start a debate about which blower is better but I do want some opinions on best investments for my money, I have roughly $8000 to start with. The car has 1800 miles and is my daily driver so keep this in mind. A blower swap is an obvious start to me but what should I get to go in support?? Ie; exhaust, heat exchanger. I have seen "kits" claiming to be 750hp (I'm assuming crank hp) that include throttle bodies, injectors, boost a pump, plugs, tuners etc, is this the way to go?? Like I said without things getting heated over brands what blower should I be considering above the others. Thanks in advance and I respect this forum and it's member's opinions! GT500 FTW!!!

06mustangsixer

CalloutsNOLA
Established Member
Twin turbo it instead of a new blower. Put a nice bost controller on it to then when you want more power just turm up the boost n get it tuned. Plus if its your dd it wont be as bad on gas mileage as a blower car.

niceguyyy01

Established Member
Buy either a Whipple 2.9 kit or KB 2.8L kit for around 6k, use the rest for driveshaft and suspension. Thats what I am doing to my 2011.

niceguyyy01

Established Member
The stock exhaust is good to atleast 700rwhp, so no need to change unless you want to. A new HE is a good idea here in Texas, but the driveshaft and suspension comes first for me, ie: safety.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I have a huge power package for sale, it's used parts but for 8k I can have your car running bottom 10's

BOD89LX

Established Member
VMP TVS and a dual fan heat exchanger, injectors, throttle body, off road x pipe and cat back if you want more sound, UCA, LCA, and a set of MT drag radials and you will have a solid 10 second car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
im gonna be the one on the other side. i say As a DD leave it mostly stock.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Make about 12 car payments? JK

I'd VMP TVS it, Afco heat exchanger with extra capacity reservoir, UCA/LCA/panhard, mild lowering springs, Cobrajet or L&M throttle Body, O/R X or high flow cat mid-pipe, tune it on a dyno, polk MM571 speakers, MGW shifter, Carbon Fiber driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop. This list assumes you will be doing everything but the dyno session yourself.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Let me know and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
2.8 or 2.9 and upgrade your brakes! With the pp the suspension is good, plus its factory which means it should not rattle! Unless you put a ton of money into suspension you will do more harm than good when you the pp as your starting point!

I personally would get the 13. The cooling the downforce all factory stock for a few thousand more is a no brainer to me.

If your starting with a 30k 07/08 I would defenately go 2.8kb, griggs ss, and some 8 piston brakes!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread