What Supercharger shall I get

Sfcjerryharris

Established Member
Got a question out there for terminator owners, with supercharger shall I get? Whipple, Kenne Bell, Steigmeir Stage 8 with the Dragon cooler. I will have $5500 to spend. What do you think??????

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
VMP 2.3L TVS, E85, thread.

Although I’m curious on the Whipple Gen. 3 numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My vote is VMP or Whipple. Great looks and performance. I think a ported blower is just wasted money as you'll want more boost later. I never liked the KB, purely from a looks point of view. Looks like a giant cinder block sitting on top of your motor IMO.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'd love to get the gen 3 whipple to have an apples to apples comparison.. For the price of a new one its hard to pass up during the holiday sale (15%)

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
From experience with all 4 blowers (VMP/Whipple 2.3/ Whipple 2.9/Steg Stage4) mounted on an '04 Cobra with PUMP 93

VMP 2.3

Many people will only look at HORSEPOWER
What I enjoyed, was a blower with big torque in the lower RPMs. On pump gas, you get this with a VMP

Edited: for long windiness

Last edited:

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP! VMP! VMP! From a VMP owner, you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zredfire04

Established Member
after a lot of looking into it, i came to the conclusion that if i ever changed blowers i would get a tvs 2.3 and run on corn.

i don't have any plans to do that though. too many other projects/money pits.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
It's funny. I have a Steggy stage 4 sitting in my garage and I really have no interest in installing it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
I have a stage 4 as well, picked it up for a good deal. Gains are “minimal” and prices of Used ported blowers are almost half of what used twin screws are. If I didn’t spray the house down on my car I’d be really disappointed.
I vote go straight to the vmp or 2.9.

olympic

Established Member

+77 RWHP Gen 3 Whipple vs Gen 2 on a Boss 302! They did swap in a different TB and CAI so that may have had a small effect. They will have a couple direct comparisons in the following weeks.

I'm currently in talks with my local distributor here in Canada for a Gen 3 Whipple to replace my Gen 1. Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger so I can get it before spring.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a stage 4 as well, picked it up for a good deal. Gains are “minimal” and prices of Used ported blowers are almost half of what used twin screws are. If I didn’t spray the house down on my car I’d be really disappointed.
I vote go straight to the vmp or 2.9.
Mine was a decent price as well. Came from a friend that wanted me to have it because of help I've given in the past. I've tuned a friends car with a stage 3 and its ok.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread