What shifter do you guys recommend?

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Pro 5.0......I've tried the Ripper,Tri-Ax,and 5.0.....All are great and will come down to personal preference...I actually preffered the handle and feel on the 5.0...All feel a whole lot better than the stock at least 100 fold.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I will just have to see. I am probably going to be getting one pretty soon. My car should be here in about 3 weeks or so. I have a little time.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Well thank you very much for the insight. Hopefully I will get the chance to drive both before I actually buy one. Thanks

Jens03GT

Established Member
Plus I was talking to one oif the guys that I work with. He said that it is a pain in the ass to install. I have worked on cars for quite a while but I have never put in a different shifter.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
Plus I was talking to one oif the guys that I work with. He said that it is a pain in the ass to install. I have worked on cars for quite a while but I have never put in a different shifter.

whoever told you it was a PIA installed must be smoking crack. It was possibly the easiest thing I have ever done. Took me 30min taking my time on the install. It is literally just 4 bolts.

Mine was 189, but I think that is mainly cause mine was for a T56.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Oh, well. I will keep looking around. Yeah, he was telling me that you have go and take the transmission partly out and do all this other stuff to it. My jaw hit the ground. So, I had to get a second opinion. If you say a few bolts that's great.

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
I'm pretty tall, and the stretch to reach odd gears with my pro 5.0 would be considered tough for a shorter, non-gorilla armed person. However, I do like it a lot! It came down to availability for me--one store had a 5.0, the other was out of stock of Tri-axes. I beg to think they differ much either way--other than the handle you decide to hook up to them.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
What's wrong with the stock shifter?

;-)
Nothing is wrong with the stock shifter. The car is brand new. 0 miles brand new. I have just heard that it is better to put another one in. Plus I might dislocate my shoulder putting it into 1st gear. I like the short shifters.

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by Jens03GT
Plus I might dislocate my shoulder putting it into 1st gear.

:lol:

No offense but didn't you say you don't even have the car yet? Then how the heck would you know if you're gonna dislocate your shoulder. I'm being nice when I ask do you have shoulder problems? Cause if you don't.. then don't worry about dislocating a shoulder when shifting gears. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of anyone dislocating their shoulder from driving... and I've grown up around racing my entire life. :shrug:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
:lol:

No offense but didn't you say you don't even have the car yet? Then how the heck would you know if you're gonna dislocate your shoulder. I'm being nice when I ask do you have shoulder problems? Cause if you don't.. then don't worry about dislocating a shoulder when shifting gears. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of anyone dislocating their shoulder from driving... and I've grown up around racing my entire life. :shrug:

My friend jim did at the fairgrounds his senior year. outlaw racing

Jens03GT

Established Member
Okay first of all, I was not born yesterday. It was a figure of speech. Second my car will be here in approx. 2-3 weeks. And believe or not , I have driven a mustang before. I will try to reply on a more SIMPLE note. - If that will help.

CobraCallie

Banned
:shrug: Whatever... there was nothing complicated about your post.. I just thought it sounded a bit over-exaggerated about dislocating a shoulder.

Testy testy :nono: Sorry to hurt your feelings, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread