What shifter do you guys recommend?

Jens03GT

Established Member
Just wondering what your opinions are on shifters? Looking for any suggestions. Thanks guys.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Love my Tri-Ax, but I have never drove a car with a Pro 5.0 shifter in it. I like the way it feels, notchy and well. Did you get your car insured over there? Hopefully you did

Tim

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I've got the Pro 5.0 in my Z.... oh man do I love it. Not sure if it's the same with mustangs, but with the camaro you pick up some drivetrain noise through the shifter vibrating, but is barely audible with the windows down or music playing. Even when I can hear it / notice it, it doesn't bug me but it does bug some.

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
I tried a big long ugly HURST in a car traded in yesterday at work. Thing looked hillarious, long chrome lever, big white knob, I thought "What a joke of a shifter!!" Then I tried it....

NICEST DAMN SHIFTER I HAVE FELT!!

Dont know the model but it was on a T45, I am not well versed in hurst parts so I dont know if there is a model for your car but maybe try one (even though it is ugly as all hell)

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Originally posted by FlatZ28
I've got the Pro 5.0 in my Z.... oh man do I love it. Not sure if it's the same with mustangs, but with the camaro you pick up some drivetrain noise through the shifter vibrating, but is barely audible with the windows down or music playing. Even when I can hear it / notice it, it doesn't bug me but it does bug some.

90% of aftermarket shifters pick up noise, this is just cause of the deletion of all the rubber.

GoatDaddy

The hursts I had had a short stick, which was mostly hidden by the shift boot. I used the original shift knob, so it looked stock. YOu must have seen some sort of retro looking hurst

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I've got a somewhat related question for you guys .. Do you find your shifters at all to be in an inconventient location? I've looked at the interiors of a few and it seems to be pretty far forward compared to what I'm used to. I have never driven a mustang, but I am curious.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
yeah..im buyin a shifter to0 in the next few days ....steeda tri-X is a good all around shifter aint it >? thats what i was planin on

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Love my Tri-ax...but have not owned others. Don't think you can go wrong with any good aftermarket shifter. It's just personal preferrance.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I was just looking at the Tri ax shifter. I have heard a lot about it. Is that what you have. About how much does that one go for. I saw the pro 5.0 for about $130.

Users who are viewing this thread