What Rotors Do You Have?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Centric plain rotors. Awesome quality, minimal casting flash in the vains and well priced at tire rack.

I guess ill mention i like the color of a zinc plated rotor, and if there are benefits to drilled/dimpled and slotted.

ever try the Big Bite Rotors from BlueOval?

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Eradispeeds rotors and Brembo calipers.

file_zpsdb84353d.jpg

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I saw a post that had this place in it, think it might have and old post, but they were offering free shipping:

tps motorsports

And I have also seen this place in other posts:

rotor pros

I would be interested in hearing some opinions of both companies, my car is about due for a set too.

Thanks,

-Brian

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I just bought a full set of TPS rotors for the street and gt ahold of a set of OEM brembo blanks for the track. I still plan on getting a set of DBA 1 pieces as iv'e heard really good things about them.....

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i run the baer decelarotors. i think they look awesome! (i know, not for race use, but mine is a street car.) i can't wait til i need brakes on my coupe i am buying more of those if they are still available

03cobraracer

Established Member
I saw a post that had this place in it, think it might have and old post, but they were offering free shipping:

tps motorsports

And I have also seen this place in other posts:

rotor pros

I would be interested in hearing some opinions of both companies, my car is about due for a set too.

Thanks,

-Brian

ive used rotor pros driller/slotted rotors on my car for years now and have had no issues. price was great and great qaulity and fast shipping. after plenty of street racing and track time to never had any cracks or heat spots or anything to complain about, and they look great to. just bought 6 piston baer calipers so i cant wait to try them out

OSUALUM78

Established Member
FTBR heavy duty 13" front and 13" conversion on the rears. Russell SS lines, Hawk ceramic pads, Motul fluid. Getting ready to swap it to R front calipers.

I looked at a lot of rotors (low end and high end, Stop Tech, Powerslot, DBA, AP Racing etc) and decided these are the best out the for the money. The rotors are top notch for track days and street driving, and so is the customer service from Bruce....

Pic after install below:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
FTBR heavy duty 13" front and 13" conversion on the rears. Russell SS lines, Hawk ceramic pads, Motul fluid. Getting ready to swap it to R front calipers.

I looked at a lot of rotors (low end and high end, Stop Tech, Powerslot, DBA, AP Racing etc) and decided these are the best out the for the money. The rotors are top notch for track days and street driving, and so is the customer service from Bruce....

Pic after install below:

very true about Bruce's quality and customer service but dang are they pricey :nonono:

OSUALUM78

Established Member
very true about Bruce's quality and customer service but dang are they pricey :nonono:

Yah, but quality and weight saving ain't cheap. They are actually made by Coleman Racing I think? Anyways when you Lougle Coleman it helps confirm the quality you receive.

Plus when it comes to the most IMPORTANT vehicle function all of us should put the most money into (braking. Working brakes equals no injury or death) I didn't want to skimp on quality within my budget. At my time of purchase, these cost less than the DBA 4000 and the AP rotors...

I'd rather give Bruce profit than some big box/online company anyways. I'm a "support the little guy/the guy that has done tons for the Mustang community" type of guy...

:rockon:

boost4me

Banned
My front pads are just about ready for replacement, so I was thinking of getting some cool looking drilled rotors. I've heard you don't want drilled for street and they delaminate, is that true?

OSUALUM78

Established Member
I wouldn't recommend drilled for any use unless you get really high end rotors like Lamborghini's have = carbon ceramic. I've even had a Brembo rep tell me their drilled rotors crack! If you want the looks of drilled get the EBC rotors. They are dimpled to give the looks of drilled without the fear of cracking.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
If your just on the street drilled and slotted will be ok. Auto x, open track days, canyon twisters and those cool looking drilled/slotted rotors will probably not last that long. People that say they do, I'd question how hard there actually driving them.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I had a full set from Rotor Pros that were drilled and double-slotted. They use Centric blanks so they are great quality. I believe I got front and rear rotors and Hawk ceramic pads all for $330 shipped, I think. All that combined with ss lines and my car was a whole new stopping machine.

-Eric

oldmodman

Established Member
Bruce's two piece rotors, front and rear. And when he had the Christmas sale I got spare rotor discs. Great product. When compared to Brembo two piece rotors they are not expensive at all.

Users who are viewing this thread