what needs to be done?

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
are you serious with this Josh? destroy us in power, make more per pound of boost, whatever you want to call it, I could care less.....let me see track times from more than just Mike Palugi. I don't know enough about the other kits to say anything about them and the most I know are the problem they have from install. At least the Hellion guys are buying, installing, making consistent numbers and going to the track and proving the kit. So far from the couple boards I follow I have seen 1 THP kit and 1 HP kit post up track results. So basically all the other customers are all talk right now. ask anyone around here, dyno numbers mean shit unless you prove it at the track and I would love to see some big number guys really try to put the power to the ground. it can happen, but isn't easy.

look at Rex, sure he went 141 @ 20# with the THP kit, but ET was 10.6. Buster went 140 @ 10.0 with more boost, but again the hellion has been proven time and time again on dyno and track.

and with the big race kit about to come out, there will be even more options from Hellion than they already have.

you don't have to search the classifieds for parts unless you want to. you can choose to buy new. And all the happy twin turbo guys? hmmm, why not name them all that post on these boards that have their car done and are driving it right now....hmmm, won't find many. so yeah, the few that have their car done or not broke are happy and should be after some of the install crap they had to go through. And all the reasons you posted and many more about the hellion are the reason there are more of them out there than any other kit and they are all running.

Am I serious?? DEAD SERIOUS.

Destroy you guys in power? You want examples? Alright..... let's see here.

Happy customer number 1. [email protected]
Click here and compare what you see with your sig...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7a4e45ea-fe53-457d-9f32-24bbcca4b744.htm

Happy customer number 2. Myself. Nothing wrong with my kit, plenty powerful.

Happy customer number 3. Twinturbotrex. Here ya go, less boost, WAY HIGHER ELEVATION, (and since dyno numbers don't mean anything) higher trap speed. http://www.racingsouthwest.com/~buffhomer/rex1061.wmv

Happy customer number 4. TT32VGT 751RWHP/768RWTQ AT 6300RPMS w/ stock 01 cobra heads, cams, intake, throttle body. Different car, but happy customer none the less.

Happy customer number 5. MJChip
23601d1146053328-latest-low-boost-dyno-numbers-mj_ttcobra_17psi_small.jpg

Happy customer number 6. 03CobraTT57mm (0mineralgray3) New Numbers on Mustang Dyno
834 rwhp
781 rwtq

Happy customer number 7. Mike Palugi....... one of the many vids (since dynos don't matter) http://www.loafs.net/mike/Palugi - [email protected]

Happy costomer number 8. niels04cobra
"The cobra made 720rwhp and 738rwtq yesterday at 14psi, 10 degree timing (thats right, only 10 degrees), 11.5-1 a/f ratio, 91 octane gas, 90 degrees out, and did all this on a mustang dyno and on its 8th straight dyno pull (heatsoaked). we even hit 750rwhp on one of the pulls that went slightly lean in the end of the rpm range with 16 degree timing. i think its possible the car could hit 800rwhp on a dynojet at 14 psi and a non heatsoaked pull. All i have to say is that this car pulls like a damn frieght train!"
-------------------------------------------------

Didn't take long to find this info. I can keep going. Now, bouce those up against your numbers at your boost level and you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, compare you numbers at 18psi vs that at 20.7.... you didn't pick up much power per lb of boost which leads me to believe that your kit is running out of gas. You say you haven't turned it up yet....... by turning it up, do you mean adding nitrous to it? Or cranking it up to 26psi to make 800rwhp? Seems a little extreme if you ask me. Also, bounce you mph up against the boys with the twin screws and it tells us that the dyno is pretty damn accurate. You've got a few more mph on the 640rwhp twin screw cars....... so, around 700rwhp for you?? What did the dyno say?? I'm sorry but I can only take so much bashing of my kit before I have to respond. "Hellion t76 cobra kit, procharger efficiency from your $8000 turbo".

smashedheadcat

Established Member
On the other hand..... when the big hellion turbo option comes out...... you'll notice that the numbers will start to look like what I posted above. (depending on what they do with the downpipe) Which is a good thing. But for now, your little downpipe is raping your power potential while the twin turbo guys (one 2.5 inch downpipe per bank) don't have this problem (or at least it's not as bad).

TRBO VNM

wow, 8 guys from different companies. I can name more than that from owners of JUST the Hellion. I have seen those guys post, so I don't need links Josh, but thanks anyway. why not list which kits they have and you will see it isn't a lot per kit. and then list out all the unhappy people or the people who have had problems with the install or had to beat parts to get them to fit. I would say there are more unhappy or problem installs with the other kits than they have happy customers.

and list out how many of those guys have new motors and how many are larger displacement and that is part of the reason for some of the higher numbers per # of boost.

personally, say what you want. customer satisfaction and the number of kits on the road being driven proves enough and that is what matters. I have another kit right now being shipped out today to someone and another one going out in 3 weeks once they get back from overseas.

Myself
Geno
Postban
Dustoff(Jon Lund)
Josh(yellosnake, sp)
onefastride
bayarea04cobra(sp)
Nate
Vitoman
mild2wild
hermann(HBH)
Soon to be....
Needcobra(once I finish it) and 2 others I mentioned above

all guys I just thought of that I have talked to and have seen regularly post that are all happy customers and many others I don't even know. and those are just the terminator kits....

there is no need to get into a pissing match about it. it doesn't solve anything. people need to pick their kit based on their plans for their car. but during their research they need to be made aware of potential obstacles they may encounter or what they need for the kit. It is no secret they need to buy the 99-01 stuff for the term. hellion kit.

hellion also strives for options...look at all the Kmembers that work with the kit and suspension compnents they can get/use. name another kit out there that offers that.

Emerald

Established Member
I say you just do this the old fashion way. Line em up, run the boost you think you can handle and lets see who ends up at the end first :beer:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
wow, 8 guys from different companies. I can name more than that from owners of JUST the Hellion. I have seen those guys post, so I don't need links Josh, but thanks anyway. why not list which kits they have and you will see it isn't a lot per kit. and then list out all the unhappy people or the people who have had problems with the install or had to beat parts to get them to fit. I would say there are more unhappy or problem installs with the other kits than they have happy customers.

and list out how many of those guys have new motors and how many are larger displacement and that is part of the reason for some of the higher numbers per # of boost.

personally, say what you want. customer satisfaction and the number of kits on the road being driven proves enough and that is what matters. I have another kit right now being shipped out today to someone and another one going out in 3 weeks once they get back from overseas.

Myself
Geno
Postban
Dustoff(Jon Lund)
Josh(yellosnake, sp)
onefastride
bayarea04cobra(sp)
Nate
Vitoman
mild2wild
hermann(HBH)
Soon to be....
Needcobra(once I finish it) and 2 others I mentioned above

all guys I just thought of that I have talked to and have seen regularly post that are all happy customers and many others I don't even know. and those are just the terminator kits....

there is no need to get into a pissing match about it. it doesn't solve anything. people need to pick their kit based on their plans for their car. but during their research they need to be made aware of potential obstacles they may encounter or what they need for the kit. It is no secret they need to buy the 99-01 stuff for the term. hellion kit.

hellion also strives for options...look at all the Kmembers that work with the kit and suspension compnents they can get/use. name another kit out there that offers that.

Well, I don't have all day to sit here and list every single person that has a kit. There are tons of these kits on the road. Not all of them post on these boards. Never the less.... I don't see a single production hellion car that matches any of those cars pound for pound. Stock block or not. The prototype kit is a different story. That mother is pretty impressive. Anyway, I listed both THP and HP because the debate was TWINS are putting out more power at less boost. Not just HP, not just THP. I'm all about lining up with a stock block hellion cobra. I'll run the same amount of boost as my competetor does. From a dig to test driver skill and also from a roll to see whose kit performs the best. I'd like to see a 1500rpm 2nd gear roll to compare how my kit matches up with it. Of course, I'm not going to travel across the country to do it, but it'd be fun nevertheless.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Why the **** are you two bitching at each other? Ive never met either of you in person, but this does not sound like the one's who normally post on the net or the one's ive bounced PM's off of. I mean seriously, can we not agree that most of the turbo kits work very well? Yes, the Hellion kit has a quicker turn around and is proven to put down some decent numbers. Yes, the HP/THP kits are also proven to put down a lot of power, yet have a longer wait period. I will say one thing, Ive only seen one Hellion guy really push his kit so far and that's been HellionCobra...the other's have been a bit conservative IMO. On the other hand, the twin guys have been pushing the envelope a little more IMO, I think that's why some of them arent on the road...take me for example. Also, I had a few issues with my HP kit at first and may have jumped to a few quick conclusions, but overall, it works...just like the Hellion kits. Hell, the only one's who havent really proven themselves have been ProTurbo and Induction Concepts...so on that note, lets stop this unnecessary war between single vs twin...soon enough we'll all be gathered at a track competiting the way it should be...on the pavement!!!!

Last edited:

kino

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
Well, I don't have all day to sit here and list every single person that has a kit. There are tons of these kits on the road. Not all of them post on these boards. Never the less.... I don't see a single production hellion car that matches any of those cars pound for pound. Stock block or not. The prototype kit is a different story. That mother is pretty impressive. Anyway, I listed both THP and HP because the debate was TWINS are putting out more power at less boost. Not just HP, not just THP. I'm all about lining up with a stock block hellion cobra. I'll run the same amount of boost as my competetor does. From a dig to test driver skill and also from a roll to see whose kit performs the best. I'd like to see a 1500rpm 2nd gear roll to compare how my kit matches up with it. Of course, I'm not going to travel across the country to do it, but it'd be fun nevertheless.

Who races from 1500 rpm? Come on now.

The twin kits do make great power but you forgot one example of the Hellion that made 854rwhp bone stock motor. That puts it right up there with any other twin kit in boost and power and that is coming from a kit with a 76qtrim and not the more powerful PTE76GTS or even a GT4276 which would have no problem taking on just about any of the twin kits made right now. You also must remember the Hellion kit will trade some power and spool by using stock manifolds (yes I know they made over 1000rwhp on them but a well designed long header would be better although it would require a major redesign) and using a 76 q trim which is not the turbo I would have used.

Bottom line is whether twins or single, there is no difference. Its all about how one ultilizes their system. THP, HP and Hellion do have attractive kits that the main thing one needs to do, is find which one fits them most. Understanding that is why turbos are not for everyone simply because not everyone knows or understands what they really want.

TRBO VNM

blk04cobra1 said:
Why the **** are you two bitching at each other? Ive never met either of you in person, but this does not sound like the one's who normally post on the net or the one's ive bounced PM's off of. I mean seriously, can we not agree that most of the turbo kits work very well? Yes, the Hellion kit has a quicker turn around and is proven to put down some decent numbers. Yes, the HP/THP kits are also proven to put down a lot of power, yet have a longer wait period. I will say one thing, Ive only seen one Hellion guy really push his kit so far and that's been HellionCobra...the other's have been a bit conservative IMO. On the other hand, the twin guys have been pushing the envelope a little more IMO, I think that's why some of them arent on the road...take me for example. Also, I had a few issues with my HP kit at first and may have jumped to a few quick conclusions, but overall, it works...just like the Hellion kits. Hell, the only one's who havent really proven themselves have been ProTurbo and Induction Concepts...so on that note, lets stop this unnecessary war between single vs twin...soon enough we'll all be gathered at a track competiting the way it should be...on the pavement!!!!

I agree and actually, josh and myself have exchanged PM's and nothing has been hostile or anything. we are both very passionate about the choices we have made and both can agree that some stuff we have posted probably should not have. What is even more funny and I think Josh would agree, based on mutual friends I am sure if we met and even over the net we could/are/would become pretty good friends and talk a lot of good tech. It may be seen as bitching to you and others and sorry about that. Really it isn't, behind the scenes I guess. sorry.

bouncer18

Established Member
Pushed there kits...

i am going 11.30's in a STOCK (minus the GT rear end which is stock and a spec clutch.....) with my OEM (68k miles) shocks and struts...

granted I am on 8 lbs of boost so i am not nearly pushing the envelope on the boost side but i mean come on..... low 11's... and now that my K -member was replaced (it was defective) the wheel base is now equal so it wont pull right anymore & i am hoping to get it into the 10's (as soon as tomorrow) i guess we shall see..

how many twin turbo stock cobra's are putting down those types of numbers??? i am sure there is only a few going any faster and its with more boost or more mods...

I am sure we would ALL get along if we were to meet up in person but like VNM said.. we are passionate.. (hellion guys more then HP/THP guys)

i think we should plan a track day somewhere....... at Gateway International or something so we can a) all meet eachother b) talk alot more shit c) put the power to ground to see who can back there shit tlak up

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
I love my hp twin turbo kit. It made 700+ rwhp on its 1st ever tune with boost controler issues. you wanna know what the best part is I got used to the power so i called HP (nathion) a couple of weeks later twin 67's with a accufab arrived.

ck out my thread
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302549&goto=newpost

Comming from a viper nation (twin turbos are the only way to go)

good luck on your choice

vd..

smashedheadcat

Established Member
It's all fun and games. Just friendly debates. Its not like we want to go kick eachother's asses or anything. I don't take anything personal and Jason doesn't either.

As for racing from a 1500rpm roll...... I wouldn't call it a race, but it'd allow us to see how the boost comes in. For example...... Say one car spools at 2500 and starts pulling and the other car starts at 3000rpms........ Sure, 500rpm difference right? I'd like to see if that equals a 1/2 car or so advantage or 2 car length advantage etc. Its just something I'd like to see. It's not like I'm going to say "Yes!! I won from a 1500rpm roll!!" and go high fiving my friends and stuff.

Boostfreak

Banned
I guess i must have been one of the lucky ones that was able to swap my blower, and full supercharger kit with a 01 cobra where we trade alternators, crossover tubes, brackets, etc.... Which the 2500 he paid me for the kit including my cooling mods and pulleys, helped payoff the rest of my HP twin turbo kit. 45-60 days my ass, I will have mine next week, and its barely even been a month, Im not knocking the hellion kit, depends on your goal, I haven't met anyone that has had any problems with their hp kits, a few minor modifications arent that big of a deal to me. I even was able to get hp to ship the suspension early, so that it can be installed early, im receiving the full kit in over a week. I'm also upgrading fuel system. I would be prepared to upgrade your fuel system if your going with the Twin turbo setup. Im running the duel ford gt pumps, 75lb injectors, switching intakes, running the sheetmetal upper intake, along with sullivan lower intake, so im sure mine will make as much if not more power than expected. One other thing I would recommending switching out is to go with the MM coilovers, CC plates with the HP kit. Im just glad im going with a really good shop like HPP Racing that is real experienced and knowledgeable with turbo kits, and turbo installs. BTW they area selling a great turbo kit thats around the same price as the HP kit, that works great as well and comes with twin 60's. :)

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Boostfreak said:
I guess i must have been one of the lucky ones that was able to swap my blower, and full supercharger kit with a 01 cobra where we trade alternators, crossover tubes, brackets, etc.... Which the 2500 he paid me for the kit including my cooling mods and pulleys, helped payoff the rest of my HP twin turbo kit. 45-60 days my ass, I will have mine next week, and its barely even been a month, Im not knocking the hellion kit, depends on your goal, I haven't met anyone that has had any problems with their hp kits, a few minor modifications arent that big of a deal to me. I even was able to get hp to ship the suspension early, so that it can be installed early, im receiving the full kit in over a week. I'm also upgrading fuel system. I would be prepared to upgrade your fuel system if your going with the Twin turbo setup. Im running the duel ford gt pumps, 75lb injectors, switching intakes, running the sheetmetal upper intake, along with sullivan lower intake, so im sure mine will make as much if not more power than expected. One other thing I would recommending switching out is to go with the MM coilovers, CC plates with the HP kit. Im just glad im going with a really good shop like HPP Racing that is real experienced and knowledgeable with turbo kits, and turbo installs. BTW they area selling a great turbo kit thats around the same price as the HP kit, that works great as well and comes with twin 60's. :)

I didn't need to customize anything on my install. The piping fit great.

Boostfreak

Banned
yeah im excited my kit will be here in a week, and the shop was able to get the suspension sent early so they can get started on it, as well as the N/A swap. Im going a different route on the intake; sullivan lower, and custom made sheetmetal upper that hpp racing made which will work with the accufab intake, thats all ready to go on my car, running 75lb injectors, the duel ford gt pumps are already on my car now. How much power did yours make, and on what boost. Mine will have three different tunes, 9lbs,14lbs, and 17lb settting, with the in car boost controller added.

Users who are viewing this thread