What needs to be done to get the search funtion working again?

Jpjr

Established Member
(and if this has been answered i don't know because the 'search' is down ;)

do we have to pay for more bandwidth? i would be willing to chip in. this is getting really burdensome. i know just about all of my questions have been answered here already!!!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Jpjr
(and if this has been answered i don't know because the 'search' is down ;)

do we have to pay for more bandwidth? i would be willing to chip in. this is getting really burdensome. i know just about all of my questions have been answered here already!!!

I also would be willing to chip in a donation of whatever to make this site faster. During periods of high usage, this site CRAWLS...

I also would like to see the feature that emails you when someone responds to a thread you're subscribed to or when you're PMed, return to functionality. As well as being able to add more than juts 2 people to your buddy list.

I'm sure the mods are on the job :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be patient folks. The site owner is well aware of the situation and is working on a resolution. The issue of donations has come up many times but he has never taken that step. So it would seem donations are not the issue. It might very well be a technical issue they are trying to resolve. I honestly don't know. But Steve did say that he was working on it. :)

Edit: I know it's a problem/annoyance right now. Hopefully Steve will find a permanent solution soon. ;-)

Last edited:

larryc7777

Established Member
That is one advantage of dysfunctional sleep habits. At 3:00 AM the site is smokin'. Still no search but no delay either.:rockon:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Be patient folks. The site owner is well aware of the situation and is working on a resolution. The issue of donations has come up many times but he has never taken that step. So it would seem donations are not the issue. It might very well be a technical issue they are trying to resolve. I honestly don't know. But Steve did say that he was working on it. :)

Edit: I know it's a problem/annoyance right now. Hopefully Steve will find a permanent solution soon. ;-)

Thanks for the update Bob. Everyone needs to see this. Quite honestly, it wouldn't hurt to have Steve put out a note on this so we know he's working on it.

Could be worse...it could be Paypal! What do you think that fiasco cost them???

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by FireRed04Vert
Thanks for the update Bob. Everyone needs to see this. Quite honestly, it wouldn't hurt to have Steve put out a note on this so we know he's working on it.

Could be worse...it could be Paypal! What do you think that fiasco cost them???
I haven't heard much about the PayPal fiasco, but it must have hurt a lot of people. It didn't hurt me very much personally. PayPal is great, but when you depend too much on one service and that service goes down, KABOOM!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob

Bob,
I hate to be negative, but it has been broke for about a year (give or take a month or 2) now. I think in that time a solution could have/ should have been found, if one intended to find a solution...

And as you said, the owner is aware of it and I know solutions have been proposed to him.

What's up Steve?
Dana

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hear ya Dana. Like I said, let's hope Steve finds a permanent solution soon. :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SonicSnake
What happened with Paypal??

I believe it was last Friday night, Paypal (and I am convinced eBay) updated their software. All their pre-testing had gone smooth as silk. The first few hours were flawless. Then....it started getting busy and things came to a grinding halt. People couldn't pay or receive money. My understanding is that if you had money in an account there, you were ok. But if you used a credit card to pay, there were serious problems. If you go to Paypal, there are updates. It looks like most issues are now resolved, but that had to be a nightmare for them. At the same time, I noticed a change in the way eBay signs you on. Furthermore, I now have to disable my Norton Internet Protection in order to use it. They did something with their security.

BY THE WAY GUYS!!! BEWARE!!!! Last Friday I received an email from eBay stating that I needed to go in and update my account information. They claimed it was part of their security updating. Well guess what?? It was sent to an email account of mine that is NOT registered with eBay!!! It was fraud!!! The email contained eBay's logo and was an EXACT duplicate of legitimate emails I have received from eBay in the past. I passed the email on to eBay and immediately changed my password.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by larryc7777
That is one advantage of dysfunctional sleep habits. At 3:00 AM the site is smokin'. Still no search but no delay either.:rockon:
RIght, so why is search disabled then too? It says only "during high server loads" but I think it's disabled 24/7

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Guys, I own the site now and I have a soln. The soln involves a new srver, which is twice as expensive per month as the one we're currently using, and software upgrades. In order for these changes to go smoothly it will take both time and money. Rest assure that I am working on it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
We need a vendor drive. We need more sponsors. I am trying my best to find more to help this site become all that it should be, and so is Sid. Everyone just hang tight. We are going through some growing pains right now, but soon it will all be worth it.

DetroitDice

Established Member
if you want t shirts i can make them say The search feature is disabled during times of high server load. I am sorry for the inconvenience. with an svt performance logo on them =)

Users who are viewing this thread