What motor would you put in an FF Cobra?

SNK BITN

Established Member
If you dont know what a Factory Five Cobra is, look here: http://www.factoryfive.com/

Just say your a master fabricator and money isnt an object. The only guideline is that it has to fit into the FF Cobras body. Name your combo, post pics if such a car exists :thumbsup:

Here is one to start off:
1.jpg

2.jpg

not really my choice of engines (aluminum LS1!!!) but at least you get an idea. I would slap a Viper V10 motor in one and try to squeeze turbos in there if I can :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
An 03 cobra motor would be nice, traction would be non existent. If a 3500lbs car cant handle it, I cant imagine what it would do in an FF Cobra.

2003 Term'nator

Established Member
I'm big on original engines. The way I see it there are only 2 choices 427 or 428 CJ. But if money is no object and anything is possible why not a blown 500 running nitro-methane. Sure with 6,500 HP you would melt every piece of the driveline but it sure would wake the neighbors up.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
My best friend's dad has a Midstates replica with a 460 with Stage II ported Blue Thunder heads and a "mild" (HAHA) cam. Makes somewhere around 670-700 hp!! BTW it also weighs 2550 with a full tank! But a 427 side oiler would be bad ass in one.

SNK BITN

Established Member
I dont think you'd be able to stand the noise yourself. You might melt you feet off while the rest of the driveline is nuking. :eek:

2003 Term'nator

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
I dont think you'd be able to stand the noise yourself. You might melt you feet off while the rest of the driveline is nuking. :eek:

It would be a hell of a party though. Need to find a video camera first. :beer:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
When I went to trussville AL to dyno my car there was a FF car at the performance shop nect door. The guy had the hood propped up so I walked over and took at gander.... 302 with twin turbos!:burnout:

U.M.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I'd put a stroker 351 to 393 fuel injected with either turbo or SC, turbo being the 1st choice. Reason, to keep the weight down on the front end for better cornering, those big blocks don't corner as good.

Users who are viewing this thread