What motor would you put in an FF Cobra?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
it was orignal ford so it should stay that way
my mothers boyfriend has one (not a factory five but a rep)
and he has a 67 427 side oilerploped in there with duel quads
man what a badass car very good quality had it appreised at 85 grand

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
how bout a b16a non VTEC w/ naws, lots of naws and a APC exhaust, and cold air intake, and on of those whistle thingies that sound kinda like a blow off valve. dude that would be soo sweet..........uhh BARF

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by SNK BITN
If you dont know what a Factory Five Cobra is, look here: http://www.factoryfive.com/

Just say your a master fabricator and money isnt an object. The only guideline is that it has to fit into the FF Cobras body. Name your combo, post pics if such a car exists :thumbsup:

Here is one to start off:
1.jpg

2.jpg

not really my choice of engines (aluminum LS1!!!) but at least you get an idea. I would slap a Viper V10 motor in one and try to squeeze turbos in there if I can :beer:

I would try to get the lightest engine possible that makes teh most amount of power. In a car that light, you don't need to make insane power because you won't be able to put it to the ground, and if you have a boulder of an engine hanging out front, it won't handle worth a sh!t either.

Don't have any particular engine in mind to fit that bill, though, probably something aluminum.

GoatDaddy

Then again I might want to go with something like a 427 sideoiler just to have something close to the original, with that grumbly, rock-crusher idle for when I'm sitting at stoplights and some li'l punk b!tch boy in a Hoonda rolls up next to me and shrinks down in his bright red racing seat to avoid making eye contact with me.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
dont know about the traction thing my mothers b/f's just gets up and goes hardly any tire spin, ofcourse id does have some wide frikin tires out back

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
how bout a b16a non VTEC w/ naws, lots of naws and a APC exhaust, and cold air intake, and on of those whistle thingies that sound kinda like a blow off valve. dude that would be soo sweet..........uhh BARF

That setup would be ghey, you didnt even put the 2 chrome bottles in there. lol@whistle thingies :D

SNK BITN

Established Member
Re: Re: What motor would you put in an FF Cobra?

Originally posted by snail50
I would try to get the lightest engine possible that makes teh most amount of power. In a car that light, you don't need to make insane power because you won't be able to put it to the ground, and if you have a boulder of an engine hanging out front, it won't handle worth a sh!t either.

Don't have any particular engine in mind to fit that bill, though, probably something aluminum.

Then you'd probably want a built I6 with twins. I would imagine that would be the lightest setup.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
As long as we are in fantasyland, how about a helicopter engine with a huge turbo and refrigerated intercooler, in a lotus eglise chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread