What motivates you from day to day?

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
My wife and kiddo. If it weren't for the money I make I would switch professions in a heart beat.

Sometimes we have to make that hard choice depending on what type of lifestyle we want for ourselves and family. If you happen to get fortunate and have a job that you love making great money then awesome, but I feel like that rarely happens. I think people just adjust and make the best of their job situation. The more money you make the more stuff you can usually put up with so it seems haha.

Same as above , wife and kids. I'm making a career change for them as well. Should give me more home time and also money in my pocket.

That will be nice I am sure! More time with the family and more money? Jackpot! I am personally not a person who rides and dies for his job and feel like I need to be there 18 hours out of my day. I do my job and do it well, but there are other important things/people that I rather invest my time in.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
As sad as it is true money motivates me :/ ... Im a worrier (thanks mom lol) and Im all about living comfortable. Money situations is probably the #1 concern in a high percentage of peoples lives. I usually spend more time wondering what the purpose of life is rather than what motivates me. Not trying to spark up a religious debate, but thats where alot of my 'random' thoughts stem from.

Haha nothing wrong with that. A lot of people are motivated by money otherwise a lot of things we own and want would probably never exist or we wouldn't show interest in them. I have that same worry. I want to live a comfortable lifestyle and not worry about bills and such. I absolutely hate bills haha and try to pay as much as I can in cash. I have multiple credit cards, but I only use one for emergencies. I am sure the purpose of life thought comes across a lot of peoples mind at some point in their life. I know it has passed mine on multiple occassions and from there I just try to live the best life I can.

the hope that at some point the economy will open up enough to find a place to slide my foot in the door. The door has been closed for almost a year now and the side doors I open to get by are running out. I just pray each day for a brighter future.

I hope something works out for you! Keep trying and I am sure something will come up. You are talking to a person who started out in the Auto Industry haha. I had to jump from job to job for a little while because they kept going out of business. I finally switched over to the Defense side of things and it seems to be a more stable environment, but you never know. I just keep an open mind and try to prepare myself for the worst case scenario. Staying on a job for 15/20 years seems to be a thing of the past now.

Bills, bitches and booze.

Maybe not in that order though...

Haha B^3. The only things bills motivate me to do is go to work and that's it haha.

tumblr_kxzvfhlbin1qa9armo1_500.jpg

Haha make it rain!!

Just hoping that things get better one day.

My main goal is securing a position at my current place when its slow and proving my worth, that will yield me huge gains when shit picks back up in the long term when there starts to be money flying around and bonuses left and right like everyone talks about.

I hope that all works out for you! Find ways to save the company money and gain them money. All executives and some managers see and are concerned about is $$$ and ROA.

hot females

I hear that :thumbsup:

I am about a year and a half (give or take) away from having my civil engineering degree. Of course I want to be successful for myself but that doesn't always motivate me to get it done. I want my kids to have a good life and I want a good life for my husband and I, so that's what helps me get through.

Awesome and that is very true! Sometimes having self motivation doesn't always do the job. I wish you and your family the best of success in the future :thumbsup:

The hope that the best of today may be the worst of tomorrow. That and the will to succeed and better my life

I like that a lot! :beer:

my house note

Haha I am sure that will give a lot of people motivation or agony haha.

Damn good question. I really don't know. I'm young and single. I guess I want to make something of myself after college and be able to give back to those who have helped shape me into the person I am today. Other than wanting to make my Z06 faster and paying for a truck which I really have no use for other than the ability to tell people "I can hook a chain up to your house and pull it down" and carrying fishing poles and detailing stuff around... And am now trying to justify it by buying a car trailer to tow my Z06 around with it... I don't really have much motivating me. Being single I just have to take care of myself... I don't have any little mini-me's running around causing havoc (.... Thank god....). In a few more years it will prob change though.

That is a good goal. A lot of people these days only care about themselves and don't always look to help out their fellow man/woman or people that helped them. Well as long as you have some type of motivation I think that is good.

No particular order but friends, family, building cars, racing, riding motorcycles, atv's, snowboarding, skydiving etc etc. I always have something to do or something to keep me busy, always have a project going on or a goal that I'm looking to reach.

Life is short you have to enjoy it...I have some friends that are so boring I just dont understand what motivates them to wake up and live everyday. They dont do anything just get up go to work and go home and repeat...no hobbies, no enthusiam or passion towards anything. I cant figure it out how they can be so content with just doing nothing all the time.

I wake up and go to work everyday to make money because theres a list 20 feet long of things I want to buy or want to do or places I want to go. You could probably give some people I know $20 million and they wouldnt know what to do with it, me....I'll spend that shit in 5 minutes.

You sound like me! I have a bucket list that I make every year of things that I want to do or places I want to go. I travel a lot and do a lot of activities similar to you (well the few you listed). Haha I know what you mean. I know people that literally do the same thing everyday and to me it just seems like such a boring life. I guess if they wanted to change it they would, so I am guessing they don't mind. More power to them and haha I could spend 20 million pretty quickly if I had to spend it all. Bugatti Veyron there goes 2.5 million right there haha.

Cars
Beautiful women!
Beautiful places to travel
A cozy home
My image(ie smelling good looking good not because of my image to others but because it makes me feel good)

Im pimping this life till the grave, because I feel its the only way to live

I can't argue with any of those! :thumbsup:. I mean who isn't motivated by beautiful women haha. I love to travel and I know what you mean about your image. I like to dress up for the same reason you mentioned because it makes me feel good.

My daughter.

Nice! Daddy's little girl :thumbsup:

Nothing, I just naturally kick ass.

Haha so in other words you are just WINNING!

Last edited:

boduke0220

Established Member
Um no idea really, what motivates me? still dont know, I dont want to be a piece of shit like 1/2 my friends are. always wanted to do something badass, exciting, important, whatever..so i joined the Marines.

Coiled03

Established Member
My wife, my kids, my own personal pride, money, and wanting to make my parents proud.

only a gt

Established Member
Being able to wake up in good health every day and enjoy whatever the day will bring. After seeing the way some people live, in the middle of a desert in a tent made of patched-together old clothes, just the fact that I live in America makes me want to enjoy everything I can. I always want to see what comes next, and like others have said I have a bucket list a mile long. My goal is to someday have a career that feeds my adrenaline fix. No idea what that might be though. :shrug:

And of course teh boobies :banana:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
SVTP's Smack Down

Haha ever since I joined this board I have known you to be in Smackdown smacking people up.

Um no idea really, what motivates me? still dont know, I dont want to be a piece of shit like 1/2 my friends are. always wanted to do something badass, exciting, important, whatever..so i joined the Marines.

Nice! My hat goes off to you. I have nothing but upmost respect for you guys/women that serve. At my current job we actually make the MRAP Maxxpro vehicle. Now we develop specialized kits to upgrade the vehicles and make them better/even safer for the soldiers. We work directly with the government/Tacom.

Amen :thumbsup:

My wife, my kids, my own personal pride, money, and wanting to make my parents proud.

Nice lad! Pride I think is another motivational factor for me as well. I take pride in everything that I do.

Being able to wake up in good health every day and enjoy whatever the day will bring. After seeing the way some people live, in the middle of a desert in a tent made of patched-together old clothes, just the fact that I live in America makes me want to enjoy everything I can. I always want to see what comes next, and like others have said I have a bucket list a mile long. My goal is to someday have a career that feeds my adrenaline fix. No idea what that might be though. :shrug:

And of course teh boobies :banana:

Definitely! Can't be thankful enough to be able to wake up with no problems and in perfect health. I think there are personal experiences or others experience that make us value our life way more. We start to say "life isn't so bad".

Haha I think Coiled03 can help you out with your boobie fix! :eek:

cobrkilrl

Established Member
The fact that i am 60 years old and the remaining day's of my life are slowly coming to an end. Each day I wake up is a new day and I try a live it to the fullest. My family and grandchildren are an inspiration to me. I am very lucking to have a good women of 37 years and two great son's. Staying healthy to try and stretch the remaining time I have on this earth to many more good years. This is what inspires me.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
The fact that i am 60 years old and the remaining day's of my life are slowly coming to an end. Each day I wake up is a new day and I try a live it to the fullest. My family and grandchildren are an inspiration to me. I am very lucking to have a good women of 37 years and two great son's. Staying healthy to try and stretch the remaining time I have on this earth to many more good years. This is what inspires me.

That's great! :thumbsup: Congratulations on being married for 37 years! That is kind of unheard of these days.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
No particular order but friends, family, building cars, racing, riding motorcycles, atv's, snowboarding, skydiving etc etc. I always have something to do or something to keep me busy, always have a project going on or a goal that I'm looking to reach.

Life is short you have to enjoy it...I have some friends that are so boring I just dont understand what motivates them to wake up and live everyday. They dont do anything just get up go to work and go home and repeat...no hobbies, no enthusiam or passion towards anything. I cant figure it out how they can be so content with just doing nothing all the time.

I wake up and go to work everyday to make money because theres a list 20 feet long of things I want to buy or want to do or places I want to go. You could probably give some people I know $20 million and they wouldnt know what to do with it, me....I'll spend that shit in 5 minutes.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many boring people in the world. As soon as I graduated highschool, I learned to build/paint cars... then got my certificate for it, and graduated techschool. Then I got bored in continuing college... couldn't figure out what I wanted to do other than hot rod, because a boring job just didn't fit me, and I refused to wear it.

So I joined the Airforce, and now I'm working on Multi-Million dollar equipment/Jets... Crap I'm so scared of screwing something up that I'm just looking forward to each day as one more day closer to getting out of the Airforce...

But Alas... I must see the world while I'm young, I must not waste what short life that God has given me... that's why I Hot Rod, that's why I'm going to Japan in 2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread