What motivates you from day to day?

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Just like the title states. What motivates you from day to day to strive for the best or value your existence? Whether it be family, friends, children, your job, etc. If there is a story behind why you chose what you chose then share if you like.

For me it would be the following (My top choices):

-My mother, father, brother, and sister.
-My 7 month old niece and 5 month old nephew.
-A few extended family members.
-My girlfriend.
-My close friends.

My family, friends, and girlfriend have all been very supportive of me throughout my life, making my life easier and enjoyable! I just became an uncle this year and love my niece and nephew like no other. I have a huge heart for children and these being my own family, it is that much more intense you could say. They are already spoiled rotten and get anything they want. These are my motivational factors that keep me wanting to strive to do well in life and keep me going. As I get older I am sure I wil have more to add to the list like my own children and such :).

03snakenvtn

Established Member
My family doesn't necessarily motivate me. I wanna make something of myself for myself, not anyone else. I know my family is gonna love me and support me no matter what I do. I'm not the type that is content with living a simple life and calling it a day. I'm always looking for the next opportunity to better myself. I'd like to do something great with my life, but I don't need any motivation from anyone else but myself.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
My family doesn't necessarily motivate me. I wanna make something of myself for myself, not anyone else. I know my family is gonna love me and support me no matter what I do. I'm not the type that is content with living a simple life and calling it a day. I'm always looking for the next opportunity to better myself. I'd like to do something great with my life, but I don't need any motivation from anyone else but myself.

+1 Couldnt said it better.

Even though both sides of my family are backstabbers, my two bros are the ones I truly care about.

velocicaur

Established Member
At the moment, not much.

Dropped out of college a few years back. Unemployed the whole time.

Seeing psychologist/psychiatrist...

The only reason I get out of bed is to take the dog out and give him food/water.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of things motivate me: my wife, what I'm going to learn today, science and technology and engineering, fast cars, my friends, flying, my job, my hobbies, reading, writing, making people laugh ... the list goes on and on.

Jim Snover

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
At the moment, not much.

Dropped out of college a few years back. Unemployed the whole time.

Seeing psychologist/psychiatrist...

The only reason I get out of bed is to take the dog out and give him food/water.

You're looking at all wrong.

So you dropped out of college? No sweat you can still have a rewarding career and you have zero debt from student loans.

Unemployed? Another win, you don't have to go to work and you can go start fresh in a new field when you are ready.

Jaysin

Established Member
The hope of something more. I'm in that rut of not exactly knowing where I want to go, can't seem to get much going, but have the hope and faith that something is gonna present itself at the right time. Don't know when, but I know it will.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
In this order:
Myself, my daughter, wife, family.
I don't really need too much motivation; I enjoy what I do, where I live and those that I keep around me.

:beer:

The Grey Beast

Established Member
Well several things for me i guess.
My family are always supportive, but that doesn't necessarily motivate me.
My love for cars motivates me in a way, and knowing that every day holds something new in store, whether it be big or small
Most of all knowing that everything happens for a reason helps me keep moving on and striving to do my best in whatever it is that i do

ItsReal93

Established Member
Myself, fiance, close family and friends.

What motivates me to keep fighting cancer everyday is what I stated above and also my cousin and everyone else who has fought hard, but couldn't pull through.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Thankfully my parents raised me to value hard work. I do what I do because it's the right thing to do. Money and my girlfriend's spending habits motivate me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread