what mods do you regret?

Zman04

Established Member
You guys are scareing me! What is so wrong with a vert. I just got one, it wont be my daily driver so hopefully that will be better. I just installed the light bar, looks very nice!

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
this is a very good thread, and yes it should be a sticky. one mod i regret so far is getting 35% TINT on my ROLL-UP windows, with 35% on the roll-ups and 5% on the quarter/rear window it just looked puss (for me). 5% all around just looks badass and i'm debating tinting the Front window 50%. and when i bought the car it had a STEEDA CAI and i wanted the K&N FIPK but the steeda is fine. i absolutley love my borla stinger cat-back and the hood blanket/vent mod is the absolute best free mod you can do, the eaton whine is MUCH LOUDER and at a stop light you can see the heat waves rise out of the vents, it's a really nice mod and very easy, do a search if you interested and it will tell you how to do it. it only took me 5 minutes in the ace hardward parking lot.

2003 Silver

Banned
bassin247 said:
I regret all of my exhaust mods.

Bassani Headers because they leak. The installation was expensive and not worth the gains and additional noise.

Bassani X pipe. The cats are always screwing up. I'm on my 3rd set and not worth the additional noise. It also hangs too damn low.

Steeda catback. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much drone. This mod was the biggest waste of 600 dollars. No improvement on the dyno over a stock catback. ZERO!

If I was to do it all over again a KB would be my frist mod. I would leave the exhaust stock, throw in a solid axle, replace the injectors, maf, tb, shifter, cai.

Spec3i clutch. WAY WAY WAY too grabby for my taste.

My Steeda c/b has little to no drone coupled with an MRT catted h...I've had Stingers, Magnaflow c/b and Bassani c/b.....you want real drone try those three. I love the Steeda / MRT setup.........

2003 Silver

Banned
How 'bout getting caught up in the "mod craze"....wasted alot of money and I rarely get the opportunity to use all that power.

PDubs

Established Member
I guess the only mod I regret are the springs. I love the look, but I HATE bottoming out on so many speedbumps. And there are plenty of inclined driveways to enter shopping centers in which I now have to find alternate routes to. I've gotten used to it by now, but still sucks sometimes.

Fleck 5

Established Member
On my 93 mustang GT I regretted putting on the under drive pullies. For how little power they gave it, the under driving of the alternators gave me a lot of problems. I got stuck in a snowstorm that took me 5 1/2 hours to go 12 miles because of the traffic. I could only run 1 accessory at a time because of the stop and go. I had to choose between my headlights, rear defroster, and the radio. I eventually took them off.

On my 96 Cobra. First I regretted buying it and then spending money on it before I purchased what I really wanted (an 03 Cobra). I only kept it a year but I replaced the entire stereo system, the air meter, K&N filter, tires, rims, and slotted rotors. Modification wise, I regretted putting on a densecharger. What a p.o.s. It looks like something a plumber put together. I just didn't trust the design of it to stay together. I was always worried I would get out in the garage and filter would be lying on the ground.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
I have a lot of mods, solid axle, etc, and I love the solid, I think my T/A Girdle hits the sway bar in the rear though i have a noise when I hook hard from a launch. I have an o/r x bbk I got for cheapo and will be selling for cheaper. I had it with the borla stingers and it was too much , i have a 3 in mac exhaust for a gt now and it sounds good but im going LT's. I have RR pulley, love it, steeda idler, love it, tri-ax-i like it but may switch it fora mgw i dunno i have to drive one, CF DF clutch, good so far, FR clutch cable, quadrant, etc, works so far, makes the CF very drivable, Diablo 4 bank, predator, etc....I have had both and wish I went chip first time but I sold the predator so no biggie....good thread to keep up...I have not bought any cosmetic stuff yet and always carefully look at things before I buy them, even my NGK plugs havent given me a headache yet :pepper:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
How 'bout getting caught up in the "mod craze"....wasted alot of money and I rarely get the opportunity to use all that power.

:thumbsup:

My neighbor just detuned his truck because of that.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Buying an '03 Cobra - it's a money pit ;-)

Seriously-
Eibach Springs - didn't lower the car at all, coilovers solved that.
Predator - car didn't respond well to anything on that flasher, ended up with SCT.
Steeda diff bushings - should of bought aluminum right from the start.
Hawk HPS pads - good stopping power over stock, but squeal like a pig no matter what on my car.
Car Seat - can't go fast with the kid in the car :-D

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Regrets...

Okay...here is my list

1. H&R lowering springs....they look okay...wish I would have went with coil overs and been done with it....I hate crying twice.

2. Kenny Brown Hard Launch Brace.....what a waste.....my factory brace is stronger than theirs.....they even told me theres was better than the factory one and I bit on it anyway....won't shop there no more.

3. Kenne Bell CAI....what a joke that plastic dryer hose was....don't go there!!!

4. Nitto 315's.....they hop like crazy....got the 315 BFG Drag Radials...all is well.

5. Autologic chip.......now I have a predator and all is good.

6. Accufab inlet tube...should have waited for the Whipple Tube....I have a nice Polished Accufab tube for sale...any takers? MMAO!

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
1268Melberger said:

Me too. Seems like I've spent a lot of money with very little results.

hmwave

Established Member
Zman04 said:
You guys are scareing me! What is so wrong with a vert. I just got one, it wont be my daily driver so hopefully that will be better. I just installed the light bar, looks very nice!

Nothing is wrong with a vert after some MM subframes are welded in.

Been driving my 500HP vert for 30months now and loving it.

I regret wasting $80 on Brisks.
And the $200 I spent on a MAC Air intake - what a POS that thing was.
I hated the Maggies because they droned too much (sold).
I hated the FR500 because it droned too much (sold).

Last edited:

pestilence

Established Member
postban said:
and buying a convertible with the stupidest god damn dirt/scum/crap magnet fabric for a top ever concieved by man when I shoulda bought a coupe in the first place.

"The only path to true knowledge is through wasted money" copyright postban forever

Hahahaha, he may be a little upset :lol: Great post guys, it's because of you all that I currently have no regrets and I hope to keep it that way. So thanks again.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
SVT4J said:
Buying an '03 Cobra - it's a money pit ;-)

Seriously-
Eibach Springs - didn't lower the car at all, coilovers solved that.
Predator - car didn't respond well to anything on that flasher, ended up with SCT.
Steeda diff bushings - should of bought aluminum right from the start.
Hawk HPS pads - good stopping power over stock, but squeal like a pig no matter what on my car.
Car Seat - can't go fast with the kid in the car :-D

i was going to get the lowering springs, but dunno now, how good r the coilovers? and what kind did u get?

hmwave

Established Member
On a related note what's your biggest gripe/niggle about the car as supplied from Ford?

Mine is the that the heater control doesn't have a split upper/lower heat/cool setting.

Last edited:

jonas

Established Member
hmwave said:
On a related note what's your biggest gripe/niggle about the car as supplied from Ford?

Mine is the why the heater control doesn't have a split upper/lower heat/cool setting.
Shifter location

Users who are viewing this thread