what mods do you regret?

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I'd like to add to the list a QA1 K-member on behalf of my brother(FLYIN)..Its his car,but we struggled together..We were installing Bassani headers(which are just fine,dont regret them at all)& We had this brilliant idea :idea: to overnight a tubular K member from Summit.They only sold a QA1..I've heard good stuff about their coil-over stuff so we gave it a shot..we paid dearly for our adventures...Lots of grinding & cussing ensued..Lets see..
The steering rack is offset enough to require header-tube dimpling..Nothing like taking a ball-peen to your brand new $600 headers..
A-arms need lots o grinding not only for proper travel,but also just to get the springs back in..
front wheels stick out even & possibly a little beyond the fenders..It looked completly retarded..
it raises the engine about 1/2"..or just enough that a Whipple/3.5 pully combo rubs out the 'O' in COBRA & cuts into the hood slightly..
Other than that,great mod. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah...You have to grind the heads down on the rear A arm bolts from round to elliptical..That was real fun..

Last edited:

n2fords2003

Established Member
Spec clutches. I had a stage 2 with the eaton. Didnt hold. Went with a stage 3 and held fine until I got a whipple. Now I have a stage 3i with under 600 hp and and it will not hold on launches at the tack. Their customer service is great but Im ready to try another brand

I cant stand my Biletflow TB. POS wont idel right. I have to mod it with a big ugly spring to make it close. :fm:

I do like my focus pumps very much. They have been great up to 580hp on a mustang dyno. I never liked the idea of a BAP turning on and off thus F'ing up your fuel pressure and tune.

I like my bassin headers. I had one of the first they sold about 2 years ago and never had a leak. My whole system is Bassin and has been good except for the cats breaking and I just removed them.

Last edited:

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
Wow, brisk plugs are that bad. :poke:

vipergts281 said:
I have Brisk plugs. Nothing good or bad to say about them.....they're just plugs to me.

• The first few autumn mornings they would spit/sputter until they got heat in them.
  • My 6 month old used Densos were re-installed on the dyno & made +5rwhp/tq than my week old Brisk 17s... Just not worth the $, imo.

I'll sell them cheap :poke:

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
unit213 said:
The only mod I regret is the UPR ORX. It's sitting in my garage with only 3hrs usage. That thing sounds absolutely horrible. Such a POS compared to my Bassani x-pipe.

UPR is garbage, suprised they don't sell the sh!t at pep boys with all the fast and furious ricer gear.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
FLYIN said:
UPR is garbage, suprised they don't sell the sh!t at pep boys with all the fast and furious ricer gear.
Because they dont make shit for Hondas...APC's got that market cornered...Besides,if they sold UPR stuf at pep boys,It'd be too easy for you to get a refund.

Last edited:

kilroy