What material... sunglass cleaning rag

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
too expensive lol just water and soap and hang dry it lolol

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Walmart Vision Centers have small silk glass cleaning cloths for right around $1.00. It comes in a little plastic case. I have several because they are so inexpensive that I use on my glasses, cameras and camcorders. They are great.

N A Rush

Established Member
Walmart Vision Centers have small silk glass cleaning cloths for right around $1.00. It comes in a little plastic case. I have several because they are so inexpensive that I use on my glasses, cameras and camcorders. They are great.

Think they have a bigger piece, say 16 x 16???

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
You got me... :rolling:

lol i have the black Gascan Oakleys w/ the fire lenses but my kiddos always play with our glasses so i always have fingerprints w/ sticky sugar and crap. wife has the wayfarer ray bans as well but she uses the kit from sunglass hut. i lost the battle with the kiddos mths ago lol

txyaloo

Established Member
I found a 75/25 Microfiber Towel. Do the numbers define the softness???

Cobra Microfiber Starter Kit

I don't think any of these people suggesting random crap have even read your ****ing thread. :lol: Apparently everyone thinks you want something to clean glasses with versus something to line your storage area.

The blend of microfiber doesn't necessarily define the softness. The weave is what you're looking for. Most microfiber towels are going to be fairly fluffy. Glass cleaning towels typically have a tight knit and aren't fluffy, but I still don't think they'll suit your needs.

This would work:

(6) - MICROFIBER SUEDE LENS CLEANING CLOTHS - 16"x16" - eBay (item 140391894660 end time Jul-14-10 22:13:30 PDT)

You may want to dye it gray or black.

N A Rush

Established Member
I don't think any of these people suggesting random crap have even read your ****ing thread. :lol: Apparently everyone thinks you want something to clean glasses with versus something to line your storage area.
You're so right on with that one... :beer:

The blend of microfiber doesn't necessarily define the softness. The weave is what you're looking for. Most microfiber towels are going to be fairly fluffy. Glass cleaning towels typically have a tight knit and aren't fluffy, but I still don't think they'll suit your needs.
Think I am following your logic here. You think the fluffy towels will not strach the lens and offer a nice protection barrier when I line the compartment.

Order this morning, that auction inludes 6 towels so that should be more that plenty for lining the compartment. THANKS! :rockon:

You may want to dye it gray or black.
When I found the ones for cleaning a flat screen TV and iPads etc they were all blue or blue-green. I was wondering if I could dye them black at that point with harming their protective qualities. I will give it a go...

Users who are viewing this thread