What made you buy a Mach instead of a Termi

Shenanigans

Established Member
I'll be in the market for a new stang in a couple months and now I'm second guessing myself because of the price of the Mach 1s. Now I know it'll be a 4v but 400-450 is all I want and I'm wondering if I wouldn't be just as happy with a Mach. My question to you is if you bought your car for reasons other than price, and if you did then why not the new edge cobra. If this is a repost let me know and I'll try to get rid of this.

boltonmach1

Established Member
I bought mine outta impulse. I roll raced a modded termi the same night I bought the Mach and hung with em for a 1.5sec until it he pulled away. Thought I did pretty good for a bone stock Mach1.

Anyways, I would much rather have the Termi, even though everyone loves the Mach (it's the shaker hood).

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Absolutely love my Mach, its my baby and love to drive it. However I would love a Termi as well. My biggest factor when I was looking was price, and thats why I got a Mach. Gotta say I didnt really know to much about them until I picked it up!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I could have got either but the looks of the mach just do it for me,

I think that the mach 1 and the transam ws6 are the two of the meanest looking cars built, granted i wish the power of a terminator (but thats soon to come) but i am glad i have somthing so much more rare, mach 1 ftw

Adam03GT

Established Member
because im poor :(

whatevercopy.jpg

semperfimrn1

Established Member
couldnt pass up the deal and the loan was much easier to get for the mach then the cobra

i love my mach tho

ill get a cobra eventually

machs FTW

matt87

Established Member
most buy machs or 99-01 cobras cause they are cheaper. then they spend every cent on mods and still wish they had a termi. then they try to sell or trade to get a termi. i've never seen more termi envy than on this board.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I could have got either but the looks of the mach just do it for me,

I think that the mach 1 and the transam ws6 are the two of the meanest looking cars built, granted i wish the power of a terminator (but thats soon to come) but i am glad i have somthing so much more rare, mach 1 ftw

the mach isnt much more rare than a terminator. there were 2651 more terminators built than mach1's. both had production numbers under 20,000 units

Mustang Heaven - Mach 1 Production Numbers

Silver03Termi

Established Member
the mach isnt much more rare than a terminator. there were 2651 more terminators built than mach1's. both had production numbers under 20,000 units

Mustang Heaven - Mach 1 Production Numbers

op, trust me you say 450 will be enough, but thats only temporary. you WILL want more and once you want more, you'll wish you had a forged motor. get the cobra, and dont look back.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
I looked at the mach, and the cobra.. Mach was cheaper and the INS is lower.. But I had to have the while of the sc... Went to the cobra, and never looked back.. My neighbor has a mach and he is always saying that he wished he went for the cobra..

Adam03GT

Established Member
I know the Cobra is an overall better built machine, but IMO 20k+ for a clean one is pretty crazy. I couldnt justify paying 20k+ for a 6-7 year old mustang but thats just me.

Forge the motor and throw on a better supercharge than a Heaton and you have a faster car for cheaper. I love the body lines of a terminator, but once again the price tag is kinda silly..

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Always wanted a Cobra, however during the time I was looking for a Cobra, they were all 24k+ with around 20,000 miles at least.

Then they all have some sort of issue, i.e, TOB squeak. Then one day I saw a clean mach with only 9k and the price was more than fair.

Love the way my Mach looks and eventually its going to have a built motor.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
op, trust me you say 450 will be enough, but thats only temporary. you WILL want more and once you want more, you'll wish you had a forged motor. get the cobra, and dont look back.

I am gonna have to agree with this guy. You say that'll be enough, but you get used to it pretty quick.

I'd say if you can wait alittle bit longer, get a Terminator. The mod-ability for them is just so much greater. Then you won't be wondering " what if I had ? " or dumping all that money into a Mach and then turning around and selling it for a 03/04. So unless you are completely head over heels for a Mach, I'd say Terminator man

99lightning_svt

Established Member
Insurance is cheaper on a Mach 1 than a gt or a cobra. Lower build number better looks. Buy one that already has a t56 and built motor and call it a day or replace the crappy rods which is what killed mine.

Mach 1 pros
Lower build numbers
Cheaper insurance
Solid rear
price

Mach 1 cons
Rods
tr3650

buckinwild

Established Member
Price was a factor for me as well, I would have rather had a cobra but now it would be a hard choice to make whether to trade my mach for a cobra.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
If your messing around on the streets, the Mach is more fun. People dont know what to expect, where as with a Cobra, they think it will be FAST. Just simple bolt ons on a Mach 1 will give most people a big suprise. Plus it just looks badass :-D

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I was naive. It was mainly price at the time ...but if you look at everything I have done and/or been through with this car, I should have bought a Cobra.

But the aluminum block and shaker setup are full of win.

Users who are viewing this thread