What kinda wax does everyone use?

Scott P

Established Member
My choice of wax often depends on what I just feel like using. There is no "best" wax, only the wax that works best for you. If I only want a quick job, I'll use a solid all in one like Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba - Blue or Optimum Opti-Seal. I often go with these when helping friends or neighbors give their vehicles on their cars. I'll often top with another wax or sealant. I have a lot of waxes in my personal arsenal/collection, so I choose one and go. My usual favorites are Optimum Opti-Seal, Optimum Car Wax, Poorboy's EX, Natty's Red Paste Wax, EX Sealant with Carnauba, and Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

RedDemon91

Established Member
I've always used Meg's products. Typically I use the Meg's clay bar, cleaner wax, swirl remover, followed by the Nxt 2.0 and I love the results.

I'm actually just looking to try something new for the fun of it though. Where can I get some Natty's or Poorboy's?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I just put a coat of Klasse HGSG on the hood of my car to test it out and so far I love it. I never used a sealant on my Cobra before but I will be doing the rest of the car with it ASAP. I'll probably top that with the DoDo Juice Purple Haze that I have already and see how that looks.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I have some of the S100 too and it works great, especially for something that you can buy locally.

Basically the same stuff as the P21S (disagree with me if you'd like but I can't tell a difference)

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
S100 and P21S are identical. The only difference is the marketing direction. The S100 is marketed for motorcycles and can usually be picked up cheap at any Harley shop. It is the same as the P21S though and that comes from an insider at factory. My dad uses both and swears by them. I think he said he got the smaller S100 at a local Harley shop for like $15 or $16 bucks.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Yep Harley dealer is where I pick mine up at, I figured they were the same but some people like to disagree. That's why I just pick it up at the dealer, the same stuff for less, and no shipping or waiting for the product.

I will say that it is damn good, pretty close to my Pinnacle Souveran.

Blachatch

Established Member
My choice of wax often depends on what I just feel like using. There is no "best" wax, only the wax that works best for you. If I only want a quick job, I'll use a solid all in one like Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba - Blue or Optimum Opti-Seal. I often go with these when helping friends or neighbors give their vehicles on their cars. I'll often top with another wax or sealant. I have a lot of waxes in my personal arsenal/collection, so I choose one and go. My usual favorites are Optimum Opti-Seal, Optimum Car Wax, Poorboy's EX, Natty's Red Paste Wax, EX Sealant with Carnauba, and Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

do you like opti seal as a final coat?

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
i wanted to use something different so i got swirl x "it had a few bad buffer swirls" and it did a great job!! tommorrow im gonna use nxt 2.0, ill get some sweet pics up asap. couldnt do it all today i had some beer to drink haha:banana:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I'm 75% done with my Poorboy's SSR1 topped with EX-P and so far I like it. If it ever stops raining I can get some sunny pics.

Stuff dried FAST and was worse than average to remove. I had to use a new microfiber towel to get the best results. My older microfibers I had to buff with twice.

I think it'll be great for the mystic though.

First time I've ever "not" waxed my car. :rolling:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I'm 75% done with my Poorboy's SSR1 topped with EX-P and so far I like it. If it ever stops raining I can get some sunny pics.

Stuff dried FAST and was worse than average to remove. I had to use a new microfiber towel to get the best results. My older microfibers I had to buff with twice.

I think it'll be great for the mystic though.

First time I've ever "not" waxed my car. :rolling:

Those are pretty good products but damn, those SSR's dust way too much.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Ok I will put my .02 cents in. I have a blk 00 saleen & blk 03 cobra vert . For the most part identical cars for paint and shape. I tested tons of products like everyone else you could open a store from what you have in the garage.

Here is my results.

Cobra I used Zaino

The saleen I used just about everyone listed in the thread but a cpl. I found the the ones that use a wax or petroleum distillates in them give you a deep look for blk kinda like the effect of oil on paint. very dark deep look

The Zaino side by side its very easy to see how reflective it is. Gives allot better look IMO and each person I asked. It gives the idea of comparison of flat paint compared to the reflective Zaino. Very interesting parking side by side.

It was nice to compare each product side by side on same body shape & color car.

The other thing I found out was with blk the surface temp of the paint gets much higher and burns off the wax products compared to the synthetic products wont get melt off.
Zaino will last where the others only seem to last for a week or so if it gets in the sun.

Also I had the unthinkable happen in a storm. Shed door blew off and car cover blew back and a bird nest that had eggs in it dropped from ceiling in shed on the paint. I'm sure most of you know what egg does to the paint. The Zaino protected it no damage! The other thing I noticed when testing products is when using a leaf blower every spec of water comes off compared to the others.

So I vote Zaino now
Home07.jpg
[/IMG]

SVTPaul

Established Member
Has anyone tried the Meguiar's Deep Crystal or Mother's California Gold 3-step systems (Paint Cleaner, Polish, and Carnuba Wax)? I was looking at these yesterday and was tempted to try one out, after claying the car. I have never tackled this myself...have relied on detailing shops previously.

Tweeked SRT4

Established Member
JaxWax or Meguier's #26. The JaxWax is great cause it's easy to apply and rubs off real easy even after being in the sun for hours.

SVTPaul

Established Member
RejeX??

Has anyone tried RejeX instead of wax?? CCW says it's the best product they have found so far for sealing and protecting their wheels. Since I will be ordering some up for my SP500's I was thinking about getting some to do my entire car. It sounds like a great product (developed for the aircraft industry). But then again what product doesn't sound great on their own website...
Thanks for any feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread