What kinda wax does everyone use?

theBONE

Established Member
:nono::nono::nono: You are doing it backwards! That glaze has very slight cleaning properties and will remove some of the wax when you do that. Always, always use your pure wax as the final step. Meg's #26 has no cleaning agents. It is used as a protector and gloss enhancer only!

I also personally find that hand glazes are a waste of time. A proper finishing polish will get your car perfectly ready for wax.

ohh sorry i knew it was one befor the other i couldnt remember.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I also personally find that hand glazes are a waste of time. A proper finishing polish will get your car perfectly ready for wax.

Glaze's have fillers in them, they're usually used to hide flaws in the finish that either can't be corrected for whatever reason.

4fit?

Established Member
Natty's Blue (used over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant) and keep it looking good with Duragloss AquaWax.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
wow, there is alot of opinions on here but I would probably follow advice from only a select few on this forum like zaxjax for example. My reason for this is because he has posted time and time again details that he has done himself at his home (or others) that has produced fantastic results. over and over. Not only that, but it seems to me that alot of people seek out his services and request details from him because he obviously knows what he is doing, just my $.02

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I like P21S, but there really isn't a "best." I tried NXT and hated it, but that's just my opinion. The key is to find a product you like and stick with it. With proper prep work, the LSP shouldn't make or break any particular brand.

marty600

Established Member
The longest wasting 'wax' is Rejex (it really contains no wax)
You must allow it set-up out of direct sunlight, however..and it does not have that 'deep' look so many are after. Problem with a true wax (and in this regard, I use clearkote on the garaged Benz) is that the surface temps, in the sun, literally vaporize the product (esp. black or other dark shades). In the great outdoors, my clearkote carnuba wax is gone in a month, or less.
That is too much work...Megs. NXT is really long lasting, as well as Zanio.
Both contain no wax. Another long lasting product, is (ughh) Nufinsh. But that is all silicone, and horrible on your flatfinishes /trim...stays white for YEARS! Try rejex if durabilty is an issue, it is what I am using on the DD.

gtbullitt

Established Member
I purchased the Nxt 2.0 this weekend after reading about it on this site. I am very satisfied with the result. I have used Meguiar's Gold Class in the past and liked that as well but it doesn't compare to the Nxt 2.0, in my opinion. Either way, you can't go wrong with any of the products from Meguiars.

Last edited:

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
On my azure blue Mach 1 I used NXT 2.0 topped with Obsessive Detail's Wet Obsession wax. It gave the paint the wet look while having a sick reflective property. I haven't had the time to do a full-on detail on the Cobra since I bought her, so I can't vouch for this combo on white.

Users who are viewing this thread