What kinda wax does everyone use?

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Yeah that's one thing I can't attest to is it's durability. I don't really care too much about durability since my car sits in the garage and never sees rain. I also completely detail my car about once a month so there's always a coat of fresh wax on it regardless.

Be careful when putting wax over wax over wax without removing the old wax over a period of time the wax becomes yellowish and hazy.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
we use several different brands, I guess it all depends on the weather too,
I like turtle wax ice for the ease, and LOVE prestones wax (hard to find) for the ease as well, but you can use it on hot or humid days, which makes life easy when trying to spruce up the car before you go out.

But there are a few brands that I have had to order that we both like, but being pregnant now, my husband tries to do everything before I get a chance to :rollseyes :)

Guess its whatever we grab at the time.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
we use several different brands, I guess it all depends on the weather too,
I like turtle wax ice for the ease, and LOVE prestones wax (hard to find) for the ease as well, but you can use it on hot or humid days, which makes life easy when trying to spruce up the car before you go out.

But there are a few brands that I have had to order that we both like, but being pregnant now, my husband tries to do everything before I get a chance to :rollseyes :)

Guess its whatever we grab at the time.

LSWHAT??

My personal favorites are Poor Boys Polish followed by Poor Boy Black Hole Glaze, then Topped with either Meg's #26 yellow, or Poorboys EX in the summer.

To each his own, however the Meg's #26 has to be my favorite for durability.
I've also experimented with using Meg's professional sealant line topped with #26 for great winter time results here in Colorado where the mag chloride and slushy roads make for a pain in the a$$ when it comes time to detail.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I have a nearly new bottle of Poorboy's SSR-1 and EX-P if anyone wants to do some trading. I'm looking to try some of the Dodo Juice or Rubbishboy's products.

03DOHC

Established Member
On top of my Klasse AIO I sometimes use Poorboys EX. Nice combo on my SB Cobra. I did this recently on my white Busa and it made the flakes in the paint really sparkle.

Seahorse

Established Member
Recent detailing with Zaino (wash, Z5, Z8)...

DSC03383.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
my old goto combo was
red moose machine glaze topped with natty's blue
my new favorite is
swissvax cleaner fluid topped with swissvax concorso
my favorite sealant is
blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection

but as others have said 90% of the looks is in the prep (clay, compound, polish, final polish)

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Collinite No. 476S Super Doublecoat wax FTW!

Almost nothing else will last for as long or beads water off as well. It will even get the dirt off when rinsed.

Last edited by a moderator:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I may have posted before I'm not sure but Mother's FX Synwax is absolutely incredible. The ease with which it wipes off and the depth and glow it leaves is remarkable. My go-to sealant right now.

Users who are viewing this thread