what kind of hid kit to buy for the cobra

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
REDFIREKNIGHT,

I'm sure I could do it myself with the proper instructions. However, they are never going to be as straight, proper & true as a factory OEM set-up... :(

You will be surprised how well and the perfection they end up coming out. I though the samething when I did it to my Dodge Intrepid. It took me about a week to finish it, I took my time, when I got stuck I just signed on to the HID forum, posted a question and had the correct answer by the next day (these guys live, breath and sleep electronics, Xenon lights and L.E.D lighting so you cant go wrong). I mean they have the F.A.Q board that will answer any questions on retrofitting.

But if you think about it a machine will be presice, but a human with time, correct tools, good math and measurement skills and patience could be more precise. Think about it, who made these machines for precision?, us humans.

Dont worry its not hard at all, they will come out nice and perfect, and they also have instructions on how to aim the hid beam to perfect levels.

If you want to see how helpful and good this forum is, just sign up @http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ and they also sell brand new Xenon components like projectors, bezels, wiring, ballast, bulbs and igniters.:pepper:

NOTE: I am not a lighting sales man or forum adm, I just posted this for anyone intrested in great lighting for our mustangs. And for help on retrofitting

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Yea, I understand that. If I only had a machine shop, I would make the retro kit. Just an adaptor with the DR2 OEM kit and installation in 10 mins same as the hid kits they sell.

I am going to speak with a few machine shops so they will make a 9007 adaptor to a DR2. Its something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-to-D2S-D2R-Adapters-PHILIPS-HID-XENON-bulb-Gen2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ016QQitemZ260152814276QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

There is not cutting, no craftmanship required. Just plug in play and its still an OEM hid. Like the ones they use on the 2005 lincoln navigators or the 2004 Escalades.

Controls the beam pattern nice and no glares at all.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT,

Please keep me posted buddy. If you could make a retro kit like you talked about, that would be a good thing for many of us. If I could use a Phllips bulb & have high beam capability too I would buy it... :beer:

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Well I have my parts list together ready, Just waiting to leave this damn Ford Fact training center that takes all of my time.

This will take time because I usually end up doing more mods to the housing, like a L.E.D turn signal retro. But I will promise you to keep you posted.

Oh yea, I have made this glare shield for our Mustangs, I am waiting on a set of bulbs to run with my test dummy ballast. This way it will control the glare that the kits make back to the capsule and out with the controlled beams by the shield. There is a few out there that I have tried but they sucked. So I made my own and once it is all done, I duplicate a few of them for those who would like to stick with their kits.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I was thinking of 6k for the headlights and 3k(yellow) for the fogs...has anyone done that?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
XyX said:
I was thinking of 6k for the headlights and 3k(yellow) for the fogs...has anyone done that?
i never seen it on a cobra but i've seen it on a gt and i think it looks ok. its not really ricey but just out of place IMO

diels1

Sidewinder Cobra
Established Member
Off the subject, but 03CobraEG - can you send me a PM? I've got some questions about your FR500's you are running.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea..gt's have those rectangular looking fogs..we have the round ones..i dunno it was just an idea..i know someone has it..maybe they'll post a pic..sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread