what kind of hid kit to buy for the cobra

03CobraEG

Established Member
I was lookin to buy an hid kit, direct bolt in, that lights up the whole street, i currently have hids of a c6 z06, but i dont like the way the point down, cause i can see better with the stock bulbs, i also want some hid's for my fogs if yall can get me specs and hid size and what not

03CobraEG

Established Member
Anyone ever heard of xenonlink.com, anyone purchase from them, they got cheap price on hids, $135.99 for a pair, free shipping in us

BigHuge

Big Huge SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm in the middle of install the dual beam head light & fog light kit right now. I'll post the out come when I'm finished. As of now I have the bulbs installed and just need to finish running the wires for the head lights. Just a little bit of a mod need to the retainer ring the holds the bulb, know big deal. Will finish up the head lights tonight and start on the fog light kit this weekend.

Also the kit you list for 135.99 is it a duel beam kit? Make sure because a I did the same thing and ordered a kit for around the same price and it was single beam only.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid.html

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
The kit for $135.99 is not a bixenon kit. 03CobraEG, did you adjust your headlamp casings for the hid's that you have now? The hid's that you have now should be 4300K and I would say that is the brightest out of most hid kits that you would buy aftermarket. You can also just buy the bulb and it cost like $30 or $40 for it.

03CobraEG

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
The kit for $135.99 is not a bixenon kit. 03CobraEG, did you adjust your headlamp casings for the hid's that you have now? The hid's that you have now should be 4300K and I would say that is the brightest out of most hid kits that you would buy aftermarket. You can also just buy the bulb and it cost like $30 or $40 for it.

what is bixenon??

03CobraEG

Established Member
what size are the fog lights for an 03 cobra, some people are saying 9005 and some are saying its 9145/H10

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Bi xenon allows you to still keep you high beam operating when ever you need it. Its a simple motor on your bulb the moves the bulb up.

I recoment Phillips or McCulloch xenon systems.

Some brands that run under $200 may be good but at a risk. Some are just rebuilt Ballast with no name bulbs and igniters from no name land. And they sell it for real cheap. Yea they will work for a while but then you will run bad, start to flicker out of no where and eventually give in.

Thats why some systems run $260 and over, because they are original brands that even make xenon lights for BMW, Acura and ect and also offer after market systems for everyone else. So spend the money and you will be thankful down the road. Plus you cant beat the performance.

one more tip try to stay in the 4300k, 5000k, and 6000k range for great lumens and output. If you go beyond that, then its a waste of money.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
I have 10,000K on my cobra in the heads and fogs and love it, nice thing is they are pointed right cause i dont get flashed ever

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Phillips makes the bulbs & ballast for more OEM HID cars then anyone else. Go with a kit that uses their components & you will have a durable, high quality, & well built lighting system... ! :beer:

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Remember some kits from ebay are refurbished parts and they are not durable and reliable. You get what you pay for. I can tell you from experience. I did a whole project on comparing HID kits and the top two that passed where Phillips and McCulloch. The rest that didnt pass either shorted a ballast, or just burned out the bulbs. I still got the pic of the Ebay kit where the bulb just burned up inside the bulb. It looks like mercury in the bulb its horrible.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
XENON DEPOT has the best kits you can buy (but their kits have no high-beam capabilty)... ! :( How ever, XENON PROS carry verry good low-beam/high-beam kits... !:beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT said:
wow thats a bit high for the Bi xenon McCulloch. go to Xenonpros, they got better prices.

Already bought and paid for. I have dealt with them before for my Gixxer and like their cust. service.

As for the Ebay set for the fogs they aren't primary so I didn't invest big $$ in them. They have a year warranty. If they go out after that I'll buy anothe kit for $110. The Mccullough for the fogs was around $300. I can buy 3 ebay kits for 1 Mccullough. I'll take my chances.

Also stangmods.com has both sets, don't know the make with lifetime warranties supposidly for a good price.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
You know what will make our Cobra's look real sexy? A Hid-Retro fit, Now you will say "HID kit who"? The beam pattern and cut off is awsome. Its real OEM and beautiful.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT said:
You know what will make our Cobra's look real sexy? A Hid-Retro fit, Now you will say "HID kit who"? The beam pattern and cut off is awsome. Its real OEM and beautiful.

I wish someone made a good set of those that look like factory reflectors but were in fact the proper projectors... :(

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
You could do it yourself. Its really not hard at all. You take your stock housing, go on ebay and get a pair of TSX projectors with the bulbs, igniters and ballast or any other you like from Acura, BMW, Mercedez and Audi.

Open up your housing, drill out your stock light reflector to the size of the projector install the bezel, screw it in nice and perfect, install the halo lights if you like, seal and space and holes, run your lights and wiring, aim them and boom, your done and your are driving OEM style. It will be a head turner big time.

A retro fit and a HID kit are two diff setups.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT,

I'm sure I could do it myself with the proper instructions. However, they are never going to be as straight, proper & true as a factory OEM set-up... :(

Users who are viewing this thread