What kind of boots do you wear?

HamMach1

Established Member
I was just issued some piece of shit "Flightliners" in replacement of my other piece of shit BMT "Bellville" boots and I must say I'm tired of wearing shitty boots. Anyone have any Danners? If so, how do you like them?

I was looking at these:

26119.jpg

Besides the puke green, they're comfy as ****.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I wear Danners, buy them off ebay they are cheaper and you still get the warranty if they are new.

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I bought a pair of Oakley boots back in February of '08 prior to my deployment and I still wear them as my primary boot. They are comfortable and have made it through a bunch of training, miles of ruck marches, and a whole lot of foot patrols while in country. When they finally wear out I'll get myself another pair. And they are made in the USA, which is a big plus for me.

-Eric

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Oakley's are awesome but not allowed for Marines to wear in uniform in a garrison environment. I wear Danners or Bates. I prefer the Danners. They make them in Steeltoes if you need them. Most comfortable and longlasting uniform boot out there imo.

HamMach1

Established Member
Yeah I need steel toe for the flight line. I didn't know Oakley made boots for the military. I just checked them out and look badass. Too bad tan boots are being phased out :( I'm not too fond of the sage green but it's not going to matter when I get every kind of fuel and lube on my boots.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I go Bates Lights myself. My first pair have lasted me over a year so far as an 11 so I'm very pleased with them, although I need a new pair. One of the guys with us has a pair of Nikes that I guess are very comfy. They're not within USMC regulations but they'll pass for training and such.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Altama Exospeed IIs for everyday.

Standard issue Vibrams for field. Basically destroyed because of Georgia's black soil.

cobra_mer

Established Member
Army here, i wear blackhawks and oakley for garrison, and the danners we are issued for deployments. all are very longlasting and comfortable!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I'm still wearing the good ol' Army Issue summer boots. Been wearing these same ones since 08'. Why change a good thing lol!

cobra_mer

Established Member
I'm still wearing the good ol' Army Issue summer boots. Been wearing these same ones since 08'. Why change a good thing lol!

I'm glad some one is havng good luck with the issued boots, since standrad issue wnet from black to the tans i have not found one pair that fit me well and lasted. :nonono:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I actually really like the Bellville 390's. I ruck in them all the time without blisters. I think the key to it is 1) get a boot that fits you the first time. 2) cut your boot strings in half. Use half for the top portion and half for the bottom. This way the bridge at your ankle isn't tied up allowing more movement. This also lets you tie the bottom tight like a running shoe and the top more loose to expand with your calves while you are running and rucking. Yea it takes longer to tie your boots but it is sooooo worth the extra 20 seconds. 3) take care of your feet. Flip your socks inside out so the seem doesn't rub against your toes and put mole skin on your hot spot areas. If you ruck alot you will know where they are. Then secure the mole skin with medical tape so it doesn't rub off when your feet start to sweat.

I want to get the Oakley boots. I tried them on at the Oakley store in my local mall as the sizing is different than my Bellville's. I won't pay the mall price though. usstandardissue.com FTW. They sell them to verified members of the military and LE for 60% off. Going to buy a pair after I get paid on the 1st.

Last edited:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
40223904.jpg

Just got these bad boys from supply a week ago. The new Anti-FOD flight line.

trickflow coupe

Established Member
danners are great boots they last forever but are way to heavy for my liking so i ditched them and wear altama boots on deployments [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Altama-Desert-Combat-Boots-Made/dp/B003AT5TV8]Amazon.com: Altama Desert Combat Boots US Made Size 10 XN: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

motorider228

Established Member
I wear what ever variety they have in steel toe at clothing sales, or whatever our RA will issue us. I go through two to three pairs of boots a year, so I buy on the cheap normally. I would love some Danners, but I can't stomach $450 a year for boots.

Last edited:

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
I've had some sort of Danner boot for the last 9+ years. Best boot I've ever worn, I have three sets in the closet that need new tread put on so I can keep wearing them.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
danners are great boots they last forever but are way to heavy for my liking so i ditched them and wear altama boots on deployments Amazon.com: Altama Desert Combat Boots US Made Size 10 XN: Sports & Outdoors

I never weighed the Altimas but I know for a fact that Danners are lighter than Bates or BelleV's. I wish Altimas and Oakleys would make boots within USMC regs.

Also for Marines- just an FYI. The boots will likely be addressed when the annual MCO 1020 review goes. Many Marines have been bringing back "alternative" boots from deployment and wearing them in Garrison. Here in Oki Sgts Maj are reviewing an email that originated in CPen regarding a SgtMaj confronting a Gy wearing unauthorized boots during a CFT. Basically it comes down to the MSC commander can authorize the wear of the boots for specific scenarios- subordinate commanders cannot. This Gys MSC had not. IOWs, be careful wearing these boots. You never know when a Senior SNCO or Zero Is going to go "DI" on you. You might just want to save yourself some ass pain and just wear the authorized gear...... Just trying to help:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread