What kind of boots do you wear?

fruhdaddy

Established Member
rocking the Bellville coldweather boots with steeltoe. Coldweather has alot more padding and ankle support. Way more comfortable than summer boots

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Altama Exospeed IIs for daily.

Vibrams for rucking or field. They are like a glove on my foot.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I was just issued some piece of shit "Flightliners" in replacement of my other piece of shit BMT "Bellville" boots and I must say I'm tired of wearing shitty boots. Anyone have any Danners? If so, how do you like them?

I was looking at these:

26119.jpg

Besides the puke green, they're comfy as ****.

I've worn Danners before (Fort Lewis) , and yes they were spendy, but well worth the price. Right now I'm wearing the issue NWU boots, but since I retire in a few months, not going to replace them.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
cut your boot strings in half. Use half for the top portion and half for the bottom. This way the bridge at your ankle isn't tied up allowing more movement. This also lets you tie the bottom tight like a running shoe and the top more loose to expand with your calves while you are running and rucking. Yea it takes longer to tie your boots but it is sooooo worth the extra 20 seconds.

Are you saying to leave a couple eye's open just above your ankle?
Do you not catch shit for it?

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Danners and Oakleys for both deployment and garrison. Oakleys are not good if your walking over rocky terrain. I can feel every rock.

03cobraracer

Established Member
i just bought a set of blackhawks last week since i just got out of AIT and i have the issued summer boots! so far i like them alot they are very comfy. but the danners are very nice as well alot of my drill sgts have them and loved them.

Fuerza

Established Member
Rocky SV2 in the winter.
Belleville 390 DES in the Summer.

I'll be rocking Mountain Combat Hikers soon.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Are you saying to leave a couple eye's open just above your ankle?
Do you not catch shit for it?

You dont leave any eye's open you just don't bridge the eye's right on the ankle. I cut the strings just long enough on the bottom to make a square knot. I do this with my field boots, not the garrison boots.

txyaloo

Established Member
If you can get away with wearing these in the field, they're hard to beat. They obviously won't fly in garrison due to the reinforcement crap on the sides. I have a pair of mids that are the most comfortable boots I've owned. Lowa Desert Zephyrs.

lowa_high_top_desert_zephyr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread