What is your winter beater if you actually need one :(

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
2000 GT 58k miles. it does suck in the snow but i'm really close to work so its not that
bad.

Camerapics003.jpg

It deserves to be lowered..... even if its your DD

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member
2000 Blazer. Great in the snow, but has the worst/squeakiest chassis of anything I have ever driven. It also devours wheel bearings, and has a noisy-ass transmission.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There is nothing better than a 4.0 HO Jeep Cherokee, any year. I had an 87 with 250,000 miles on it that I just sold to a friend that was hurting for a car. It still ran like a top. I picked up a 2000 Cherokee to put in it's place. The 4.0 has balls, get's descent gas mileage and will run forever if you keep up with the oil changes.
My 87 had wood paneling and all, it was pimp :supergrin:
Believe it or not, after 250+K miles, I never changed a single thing. No shocks, bushings, no drive-train parts, the 4 wheel worked great and it even had all time 4 wheel if you wanted to use it. I don't think the diff fluid was ever changed in it's whole life. That thing was great.

jvert

Established Member
PistolWhip said:
There is nothing better than a 4.0 HO Jeep Cherokee, any year. I had an 87 with 250,000 miles on it that I just sold to a friend that was hurting for a car. It still ran like a top. I picked up a 2000 Cherokee to put in it's place. The 4.0 has balls, get's descent gas mileage and will run forever if you keep up with the oil changes.
My 87 had wood paneling and all, it was pimp :supergrin:
Believe it or not, after 250+K miles, I never changed a single thing. No shocks, bushings, no drive-train parts, the 4 wheel worked great and it even had all time 4 wheel if you wanted to use it. I don't think the diff fluid was ever changed in it's whole life. That thing was great.

Tell me about it. I totally miss my 4x4 Jeep cherokee 4.0L inline 6 beast. Some day I have to get back in one.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0. Its the tits! 160K and still feels brand new. Those things will last forever. Best daily driver I have had yet.

SVT04

Established Member
I have an 88 Ford Ranger 4x4 that is in really good shape and runs great with the 2.9 V6. Good mileage too. The truck is fun to drive in the snow, just put it in 4 wheel and go.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
hawaiiancobra said:
low tonight , 70 degrees, winter has finally arrived, with the wind chill factor its more like 69

that'd be nice, but you pay for it everytime you order anything....and also in your limited amount of racetracks.

(i'm just trying to justify living where it was -13* not long ago and will be again soon.)

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Daily Driver also:
97 Lariat F150 4.6 auto 4x4 offroad pkg. 128000 miles still runs great.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
that'd be nice, but you pay for it everytime you order anything....and also in your limited amount of racetracks.

(i'm just trying to justify living where it was -13* not long ago and will be again soon.)
you got that right, shipping costs are at least 25 to 35% of the total cost of the purchase,one drag strip here on maui,hell of a go-kart track though,tracks in oahu completely shut down for good.no dyno's,no cobra tuners,

Users who are viewing this thread