What is your winter beater if you actually need one :(

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
2001 Explorer Sport 4x4.. 31x10.5x15 BFG All Terrains, Warn 9.5ti winch and as of Sunday, less body cladding thanks to some rocks that were too close to the trail I was on.. (the body cladding was knocked loose from the pins, so removed it and it's sitting in the back right now)

I was very impressed at it's off road capability, going places that a Tj Wranger was having problems going (better traction in the sand than the Wrangler) and used my winch to pull the Wrangler and a 4Runner out of the mud..

TGO

Established Member
i have a 92 exploder that i use as a DD for work, and a beater. Hopefully i will get this new job i'm applying for, where i will work really close to home - and if weather is bad enough to stop me from driving the cobra i'll hopefully own this spring, thne i can take a very short bus ride.

it is nice to have the truck to haul stuff around, but i'll have to work out whether or not i can afford it or another car (it is falling apart) after i get the cobra.

SVTCobra_03

Chris
Established Member
2000 Ford Focus..
Also known as "The F*ckus" to some . lol.:shrug: ..

This bad boy beat a sixer..damn I'm proud of her hahaha. Just kiddin.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
usually drive a 91 wrangler but i'm building a stroker for it right now, and end up driving the lifted 03 duramax! (25mpg)

stvdman

Established Member
1996 Bronco 5.0- 99,000 miles and runs great. Best snow mod.....31" BFG AT's DAMN fine tire for snow traction!

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C crew cab. cant get enough of the supercharger whine!

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I have a super fast totally stock 98 Integra GSR. Thankfully it get 30mpg on the highway or I would kill myself for driving it.

Thrust

Established Member
98 Plymouth breeze. Was my wifes old car, but somehow I ended up driving it more than she does. Has over 150k on it, and still gets over 30mpg.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
2000 GT 58k miles. it does suck in the snow but i'm really close to work so its not that
bad.

Camerapics003.jpg

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
2000 black Lincoln Navigator 32v with every electonic add-on. It is my DD and winter ride. I run 20" Harley wheels in the better weather but the stockers go back on in the winter. Been a great truck and has never seen the service dept for anything. 73k and going strong! My Termy is only driven in the nice weather.

jvert

Established Member
Well this was my winter ride until this last year. I paid $500 for it about 3 years ago. I beat the junk out of it... 200,000 miles later and it just quit. I sold it on a jeep forum for $250. I think I got my moneys worth. I do miss it though especially with the Chicago winters. Inline 6 jeep is a great car so if you can get one I highly recommend you do!

596174_22_full.jpg

So aftet the jeeps departure I drive a 1999 LX 4 banger contour. It has 86,000 miles on it and all put on by me! Its a great car I wished I had the cash back then to by an SVT Contour but the LX does very well.

Here it is with its summer rims on.

596174_45_full.jpg

This is how it looks during the winter...sad I know but it beats driving my 03 Cobra around.

596174_69_full.jpg

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I use a 93 cummins diesel 4x4 during the week....or I did until this morning when the rear end shelled out, locked up, and put me sideways in the road with a cattle trailer on behind me.
Otherwise, I use my 99 jetta turbo diesel 5spd. 40+mpg avg. ~50mpg on the highway. My cobra is really 3rd in line because I'll easily put more miles on my r1 this year than my cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread