what is this silver disc in the fuel line?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it is just before the connection to the fuel injector rails, right next to the throttle body

DSCN2466.jpg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That is supposed to help the pulse of fuel going to the rail if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albatross

Established Member
BlksvtCobra01 is correct. It is a fuel pulsation damper. It smoothes out the fuel going into the line to compensate for the oscillations caused by the injectors.

Albatross

Established Member
I'm sure they can go bad although I have never seen one fail. They have a diaphragm inside them that could probably tear or rupture possibly causing a restriction. They could also leak.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
okay thanks very much - i have isolated my stalling issue to a lack of fuel pressure so i want to try to rule out every possibility.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Do they use these on other 4.6L engines? Or is this a terminator exclusive part?

Good info and thanks for the thread!

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Consider the rubber hose in the fuel tank between the pumps and hat. Just went through this issue with a friends car. Replaced filter, fpdm, and fuel rail sensor. Finally dropped the tank and found the rubber hose had a slit in it. $5 dollar part cost about $300.

Jwilso53

Established Member
I’m 95% sure ive looked through one of these and it was a straight through passage. If I haven’t thrown it away I have one sitting at home to look at

Consider the rubber hose in the fuel tank between the pumps and hat. Just went through this issue with a friends car. Replaced filter, fpdm, and fuel rail sensor. Finally dropped the tank and found the rubber hose had a slit in it. $5 dollar part cost about $300.

+1 the seal/O-ring on that line is also know to rip

Users who are viewing this thread