What is this in my oil pan?

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I'm in the process of changing out k members and while it was out, I'd figure I change my oil pan to the Canton road race pan. Well, I get the old one off and find this. Its not magnetic and has the same texture on the sphere as the spark plug hole cover nuts. But all of those nuts are accounted for. Anyone have any ideas?

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Kinda looks like the head of a broken rivet.

Inside the valve cover I believe the splash shield that deflects oil mist away from the PVC valve might be attached with similar looking fasteners.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Kinda looks like the head of a broken rivet.

Inside the valve cover I believe the splash shield that deflects oil mist away from the PVC valve might be attached with similar looking fasteners.

You may be onto something. I had the valve covers powdercoated and I took those splash shields off to clean the sand out of them. However, they are bolted on. Unless you are talking about something else.:??:

amkoolaid

Established Member
Looks like a peice of a bolt boss, someone probably put to long of a bolt in one of the heads somewhere and it bottomed out and pushed the bottom of the boss off. Judging by the size either was a M5 or M6 bolt

CJK440

Established Member
Looks like a peice of a bolt boss, someone probably put to long of a bolt in one of the heads somewhere and it bottomed out and pushed the bottom of the boss off. Judging by the size either was a M5 or M6 bolt

I think thats a winner.....

Users who are viewing this thread