what is the order that the shifter levers go?

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I'm putting my stock tranny back together and I forgot the order in which the levers that move the shifter shafts go. I'm pretty sure that the lever for the 1/2 fork goes on top and the 3/4 lever goes under it. But there is that second shaft below this shaft that has two more levers. You cannot change the order of these levers, so I just wonder if these levers go under the 3/4 lever or inbetween the 1/2 and 3/4? Can anyone help me with this?

thanks,
David

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
David, I don't have an answer for ya but thought I'd slip in a greeting! How have you been? What did you do to the tranny? Rebuild?

golfprowanabe

Established Member
well after looking further at the schematics, I realize that the 5/6 gear shift rail levers don't match up with the same selector anyhow. but I don't see where the levers contact anything.

Hey Bob long time since I've heard from you. I moved to Tampa, FL! No more shoveling snow! My 3/4 synchro keys broke, so I replaced them along with new blocker rings. Hey, based on your signature, I suppose you still sell those shifter gaskets. I need to get one.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
ok, update... I realize that the levers for the 5/6 shift rail and reverse do go in the same area as the levers for the 1/2 and 3/4 shift rail. My question is... when reassembling, do you just make sure that the 5/6 shift rail levers are tucked under the 1/2? I know that the allen bolt that goes into the casing has a pin that this lever glides back and forth on, so what procedure do you do to make that lever align correctly?

racebronco2

Established Member
i had the same problem when i replaced my 5th and 6th gear, i can't remember which goes where but i did put it together wrong cause a couple of times, just make sure the two allen bolts screw in after you lower the case to make sure that the levers align.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
golfprowanabe said:
well after looking further at the schematics, I realize that the 5/6 gear shift rail levers don't match up with the same selector anyhow. but I don't see where the levers contact anything.

Hey Bob long time since I've heard from you. I moved to Tampa, FL! No more shoveling snow! My 3/4 synchro keys broke, so I replaced them along with new blocker rings. Hey, based on your signature, I suppose you still sell those shifter gaskets. I need to get one.
Oh wow! So you moved to Florida. With the heat we've been having here in Connecticut I'll bet it's actually COOLER down there. LOL!

Yep, I'm still selling the gasket sets. Here's the link.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/

Take care!

golfprowanabe

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Oh wow! So you moved to Florida. With the heat we've been having here in Connecticut I'll bet it's actually COOLER down there. LOL!

Yep, I'm still selling the gasket sets. Here's the link.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/

Take care!

I definately wouldn't say it's 'cooler' !!! LOL But I've heard every state this year has reached 90 or more!

Just ordered me a gasket.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread