what is the max hp to svt lighting in street??

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
But before you can have that much power, you need to learn how to spell first. LIGHTING!!!! this isn't Home Depot stefano.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Lots of stickers LL. They say 5hp for every sticker. Honestly, the only sticker I have is my college parking sticker on the truck and that is there cause it has to be.

Live4Speed

Established Member
Aw, come on =) Don't flame'em.

Could you be more specific on your question? You can have as much power as you want..... it's just a question of how long you want your LightNing to last.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I'm not flaming the question. I don't believe he owns a Lightning.
In both his threads and under his avatar he spelled LIGHTNING wrong. I don't think a Lightning owner would do that. :)

P.S. I like your sig. :thumbsup:

ShaneN.

Established Member
Originally posted by Live4Speed
Aw, come on =) Don't flame'em.

Could you be more specific on your question? You can have as much power as you want..... it's just a question of how long you want your LightNing to last.

Does a 4# seem to be an overall good size for some extra ponies and a lasting motor?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ShaneN.
Does a 4# seem to be an overall good size for some extra ponies and a lasting motor?

I think so Shane. I'm running a #6 lower and without intercooler fans or some other way to cool the intake charge you make very little extra power over the #4.

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
This guy reminds me of our friend running 630hp with the Eaton. What ever happened to him? Oh wait, he was a liar and bugged out too. I havent even read all of the threads this one posted and I can tell its going to be fun :rolleyes:
I got an extra 25 hp out of my billet plate frame, maybe that will help him achieve his goal, I know that the tint took off some because it adds weight, but not good weight. Stickers, my next investment, are rated at 15hp per one. They have a 100pakc down at Staples!! :loser:

LightningPhil

Established Member
Come on now.. The most HP you can have on the street will be determined by how much $$$ you have. And really... is there a limit? If there is... and you get caught running lets just say a ridiculous amount like 6000hp on the street.. (not in a L) but whatever.. it's a Top Fuel Rail... on the streets.. (you're focusing on the wrong part of the story) ... how would they know how much horsepower you have? They of course being the police. They'd have to Dyno your car/truck.. But the most efficient way of gaining power... I'm gonna go with Venom with this one... Stickers... I know some ricers, and they have an insane amount of stickers... and I've recently got a copy of the actual hp ratings per sticker

1"-3" Stickers-2-3 hp depending on whats on it
3"-6" Stickers-5-10 hp depending on whats on the sticker
6"-12" Stickers-10-15hp
12" and up-20 hp and 2 lbs of boost
In addition to the above:
If there is an R in the sticker- +5hp
If that R is red +5 more
Yellow Stickers-+5hp
If you have a sticker that states: Powered By ... then the name of the manufacturer - +5hp
Any Japanese writing reguardless of what it says +10hp

Now the general rule is as long as you have the sticker of a certain part... I.E. NOS... it's just as good as having the actual part in your car.

So there you go... I just put some of the better hp numbers up for you all... there are others... Please feel free to add them and I'll look the exact dyno proven numbers for you.

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
How much HP do the stock SVT & lighting badges give us? if I upgrade to larger ones will i get more boost? Or should i get more stickers? What about VTech ones?

jakhammer

Established Member
NO NO NO! You need the Silverado SS badges if you want real horse and torque. I just upgrade to those badges and dynoed. I gained 47 rwhp and 52 rwtq. It also gave me that intimidation factor I have always wanted.

Chris

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Is it possible to disenable his "New Thread" posting abilities?

Users who are viewing this thread