what is the max hp to svt lighting in street??

rb185afm

Established Member
Originally posted by LightningPhil
Come on now.. The most HP you can have on the street will be determined by how much $$$ you have. And really... is there a limit? If there is... and you get caught running lets just say a ridiculous amount like 6000hp on the street.. (not in a L) but whatever.. it's a Top Fuel Rail... on the streets.. (you're focusing on the wrong part of the story) ... how would they know how much horsepower you have? They of course being the police. They'd have to Dyno your car/truck.. But the most efficient way of gaining power... I'm gonna go with Venom with this one... Stickers... I know some ricers, and they have an insane amount of stickers... and I've recently got a copy of the actual hp ratings per sticker

1"-3" Stickers-2-3 hp depending on whats on it
3"-6" Stickers-5-10 hp depending on whats on the sticker
6"-12" Stickers-10-15hp
12" and up-20 hp and 2 lbs of boost
In addition to the above:
If there is an R in the sticker- +5hp
If that R is red +5 more
Yellow Stickers-+5hp
If you have a sticker that states: Powered By ... then the name of the manufacturer - +5hp
Any Japanese writing reguardless of what it says +10hp

Now the general rule is as long as you have the sticker of a certain part... I.E. NOS... it's just as good as having the actual part in your car.

So there you go... I just put some of the better hp numbers up for you all... there are others... Please feel free to add them and I'll look the exact dyno proven numbers for you.

:lol: Wow thanks now I know what stickers to really look for. Oh and can you let me know how much hp a big Cobra sticker across the winshield will give me.:D

Last edited:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
LIGHT"N"ING! :nonono: :nonono:

Geez Larry easy on the guy. He may not own one but hes just curious. But be more specific w/ your questions also spell lightning right. So larry doesnt come after you.:lol: :lol:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by rb185afm
:lol: Wow thanks now I know what stickers to really look for. Oh and can you let me know how much hp a big Cobra sticker across the winshield will give me.:D

But do you know the right colors? :D

LightningPhil

Established Member
But do you know the right colors? :D

Yeah it definately depends on the color... but according to my book here... as long as the cobra fills the entire windshield with minimal viewing area... should be anywhere in the 30-40hp range.

Live4Speed

Established Member
I'm not flaming the question. I don't believe he owns a Lightning.
In both his threads and under his avatar he spelled LIGHTNING wrong. I don't think a Lightning owner would do that. :)

P.S. I like your sig. :thumbsup:

Ah so, grasshoppa =)

Flame his ass!!

QuickWE4

Established Member
the max horsepower to svt lighting in street is 2 hundred with racing fuel maybe you can pulley more of 5048 drop shackle pound and blower.

I kill me.

Rich

Just to clarify a few things.
-First my girlfriend is Dislexic (sp) and has a hard time spelling. That doesn't mean shit, because she is smart as all hell. She would probaly put every other 19 year old out there to shame too with her looks. She's actually only 19. But that is besides the point, spelling is something to not make fun of someone over. I think we all prevoked this guy into his PM's. Granted he should have ignored it but nevertheless.
-Second, if anyone wants any real value out of this thread, about 450 actual RWHP is where you want to stop in terms of street performance. Not to say that this is safe because it isn't. Just by having the Eaton is taxing the rods in the stock block.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Works,

Just to clarify your clarification, if you girlfriend is indeed "dyslexic" she will transpose letters in words and that would be obvious, but she will use the correct letters. So there is a big difference in having the correct letters jumbled and having the wrong letters in the word.

For instance a dyslexic person might spell it "dysxelic" whereas a person who cant spell would write "dislecsik"!

Oh yah and I am sure she is the most beautiful 19 year old in the world, well at least in your eyes:shrug:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by workspowerontop
Just to clarify a few things.
-Second, if anyone wants any real value out of this thread, about 450 actual RWHP is where you want to stop in terms of street performance. Not to say that this is safe because it isn't. Just by having the Eaton is taxing the rods in the stock block.

Where did you get this number from. I know ther are plenty of trucks that run on the street with higher HP numbers than that

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Aaron the stock rods won't hold up over time to much more than 450 RWHP. Some have gotten away with it. But I wouldn't push it much past there. :thumbsup:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
I know the stock rods are junk, but after you replace them with some forged peices, you can go much higher than 450. I just want to know if hes saying 450 is max streetable hp

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by El_Diablo
I know the stock rods are junk, but after you replace them with some forged peices, you can go much higher than 450. I just want to know if hes saying 450 is max streetable hp

I'm pretty sure he meant with stock rods.

I need/want some Manley rods so I can crank up the boost when I get my KB or Works 140.

Then I can :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
I'm pretty sure he meant with stock rods.

I need/want some Manley rods so I can crank up the boost when I get my KB or Works 140.

Then I can :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Damn, that will be freakin insane. Either blower is awesome, personally I like the looks of the W140. I hope I didnt start a Blower War here...

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Works,

Just to clarify your clarification, if you girlfriend is indeed "dyslexic" she will transpose letters in words and that would be obvious, but she will use the correct letters. So there is a big difference in having the correct letters jumbled and having the wrong letters in the word.

For instance a dyslexic person might spell it "dysxelic" whereas a person who cant spell would write "dislecsik"!

Oh yah and I am sure she is the most beautiful 19 year old in the world, well at least in your eyes:shrug:
Guess that went way over my head.

Now back to the topic at hand. Aaron yes I meant the stock rods will be damn near be as strong as toothpicks at much over 450 ACTUAL RWHP. Keep in mind that you will more than likely have a correction factor on top of that which is what some other people go buy. In that case, you see more around 500-550 HP depending on your correction factor. :beer:

jakhammer

Established Member
WTF?!?!? I didnt look at this post in a while cuz it was going no where. Now there is actually some info in. Wow, what a turn around. hehehehe

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread