What is the fastest Supercharged GT500 With Stock Motor?

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Does anyone know what the record is for the fastest 1/4 mile ET for a supercharged 2007-2009 GT500 with a a stock engine (stock iron block, stock 8.45:1 compression, stock heads, stock pistons, stock cams, etc.)?

I have looked over the fastest 1/4 mile chart, and some of the 9 second times appear to have been done by people who I have read about having built engines at some point. It is not clear if some of the people that are identifying their times in that chart are inadvertently leaving off the built engine from the mod list, or if they eventually had to replace their engine with a built engine later on (i.e. after running their recorded time).

Any links to videos, timeslips, or other info would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
That's a good question. I remember Matt (RodFarva) making a ton of HP and TQ on his 2010 Stocker but I can't remember what it ran. Well, I guess it doesn't fit in the 07-09 Category either. That should be a listed thread itself.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Yeah, I suspect that rodfarva did do some great things with his stock engine before he replaced it with his built block. Would be curious to know what he was able to accomplish with the stock engine before the upgrade as well.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
One thing is for sure Alex, you're right at the top if not THE top of that list. NEVER known of a stock short block running 9.90's before.

bull3441

Established Member
EVO like a 9.30 with stock long block, but with an A/T. you may wanna refine question to stock block/trans. i think rdsnk46 broke 9's on stock block.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Fastest stock engine Shelby

I was thinking that my car might be close to the top as well Jammye. After bull3441 posted I went on youtube to investigate, and I did find this video from Evolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II6BWoKni-s

According to the video, the 2008 GT500 was utilizing a stock longblock.

It would seem like 9.32 is the benchmark, which is setting the bar pretty high.

One thing is for sure Alex, you're right at the top if not THE top of that list. NEVER known of a stock short block running 9.90's before.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Oh, yea, I guess that would make sence. Fred and the guys have been around the block a few times in these things. Dang, 9.32.

bull3441

Established Member
I was thinking that my car might be close to the top as well Jammye. After bull3441 posted I went on youtube to investigate, and I did find this video from Evolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II6BWoKni-s

According to the video, the 2008 GT500 was utilizing a stock longblock.

It would seem like 9.32 is the benchmark, which is setting the bar pretty high.
i think they had a turbo car with stock block that went 8's. they built another 9 sec stock block car that was red.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I have seen that video before as well mixxer. That is great and all, but I am not inquiring about a turbocharged car. I am merely trying to ascertain the fastest supercharged GT500 utilizing the stock engine.

Trying to ascertain how much further my car can go, without pushing it over the edge.

Is that 9.32 second supercharged car still functioning with the stock engine mixxer? If so, has the owner of the car that you guys built managed to go any faster than the 9.32 ET shown in the video?

Last edited:

rodfarva

Established Member
My car went 6.35 @ 112 in the 1/8 with stock long block, whipple 2.9 @ 23 psi, and auto tranny. That's equivalent to about a 9.80 in the 1/4, and is the fastest 2.9 Whipple car that I'm aware of.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Those are good numbers with the 2.9. My car ran a 6.460 at 111.67 mph in the 1/8th with the 3.6L Kenne Bell. I stopped running as soon as I got a 9 second pass.

shelby mark

Established Member
Does anyone know what the record is for the fastest 1/4 mile ET for a supercharged 2007-2009 GT500 with a a stock engine (stock iron block, stock 8.45:1 compression, stock heads, stock pistons, stock cams, etc.)?

I have looked over the fastest 1/4 mile chart, and some of the 9 second times appear to have been done by people who I have read about having built engines at some point. It is not clear if some of the people that are identifying their times in that chart are inadvertently leaving off the built engine from the mod list, or if they eventually had to replace their engine with a built engine later on (i.e. after running their recorded time).

Any links to videos, timeslips, or other info would be appreciated :thumbsup:
the only problem is that when records are broken, so are stock motor parts, thats why they only do it once!!!!!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Vnmous ran a 10.5ish with a pulley/tune and a set of DR's on a 2007. That is the fastest time I have seen with minimal mods.

bull3441

Established Member
Vnmous ran a 10.5ish with a pulley/tune and a set of DR's on a 2007. That is the fastest time I have seen with minimal mods.
10.30 was quickest on stock blower, no NO2. BJ did have a great run though. but OP isn't limiting the blower size.

sfadchi

Established Member
True, but then I believe his engine failed, as did his built motor. If memory serves, he then sold his car, only to have the engine fail for the new owner.

Memory doesn't serve. I burnt a wiring harness. Then built the motor when I pulled it. The new owner snapped the oil pump racing on the highway with the stock goodyears going spin city. Thanks for playing though!

bull3441

Established Member
Memory doesn't serve. I burnt a wiring harness. Then built the motor when I pulled it. The new owner snapped the oil pump racing on the highway with the stock goodyears going spin city. Thanks for playing though!
the new owner snapped the pump within 75 miles of owning the car. the rear was also toast.

Users who are viewing this thread