What is the better pulley? 2.76 or 3.0

sct12

Established Member
I have both and when I put my 2.76 on I swear my car slowed down and now I have a very bad hesitation when you stomp on it past 4000rpm. It gets worse when cold and I have already done the pprv delete. Im thinking of putting the 3.0 back on and get another tune.

Oh btw when the 3.0 was on, the car was tuned for 93 gas. Now with the 2.76 it is with 91.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Check plugs first, prolly fouled out or need a smaller gap, sounds like you are getting spark blowout up top with the added boost.

then id go for the tune.

sct12

Established Member
You know, I was thinking that it prob is not blowing out spark because it falls on its face when floored, the boost doesnt even have a chance to be created. All the same I think I will lower my gap slightly or try another plug. Any suggestions?

xenodragon

Established Member
When you say it falls on its face, is it basically a hesitation? So you step on it, and nothing, then eveyrthing kicks in? Cuz if thats the case then its probably the FRPS. These tend to fail alot its about $50 for a new one, and takes under 30 seconds to change it out.

It is located in that rats nest of wires on the right side of your blower if you are facing the engine from the front. It looks like a small square box toward the south east side of the blower, kind of by the snout

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If it was the FRPS he would know it from the second he started the car. I'd check the gap on your plugs, they should be at .032. If they aren't gapped correctly the car will fall flat on it's face in the upper rpms.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I just had the 2.76 done and this shop put in tr7's gapped at .027. my other mods are tensioner, magn catted x and cb, jlt rai, afco he. it's like a vastly different driving experience vs stock, really good tq hits very early, but my low speed drivability is still like stock. make sure you get a good tune! love this mod :rockon:

scan.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just had the 2.76 done and this shop put in tr7's gapped at .027. my other mods are tensioner, magn catted x and cb, jlt rai, afco he. it's like a vastly different driving experience vs stock, really good tq hits very early, but my low speed drivability is still like stock. make sure you get a good tune! love this mod :rockon:

scan.jpg

Nice numbers. Any 2.76 through 2.93 pulley (with a good tune) will be a blast to drive. I still remember the first drive after going from the stock pulley/tune to a 2.90 pulley/tune. I drove around town forever just because it was so much more fun to drive. My wife just.......smiled. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread