What is it with this "Work from home" BS

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I like going into my office. It's nice to be around people and have someone to talk to. But I do work for the government...

I get that. I do miss talking to people face to face sometimes. Funny thing is I wanted to maintain an office and still come in sometime and they wouldn't let me. I guess it's an accounting thing. I definitely don't miss the traffic and drive time and I definitely don't miss paying $150 a month for parking.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I can work from home some since I work in Data Management, but just the same I'm referring to the get rich quick schemes that perpetuate stupidity in this country.

verbal

Established Member
I work from home full time. I haven't been into the office in over a year and that was for just a few hours to get my computer fixed.

Life is pretty good. On top of WFH I also have flex time so I can pretty much make my own schedule. If I want to go to the gym or run an errand I can just rearrange my day.

My job is also really easy so if I have breaks between meetings or finished what I needed to get done that day I will do work around the house or pick my daughter up early from school.

The only drawback is now getting much social interaction. I used to make all my friends through work and now I don't interact with anyone in an office setting.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I work 8-10 hours in the office, then get home and work an extra 3-4 remotely each day.

But, working from home 100%? You get cabin fever. Most of those promises are pyramid schemes and scams, or rely on impossible metrics. I work from home so I can listen to music, sip on coffee, and work out challenging designs without constant interruptions.

I would have no problem working 100% from home, all my servers are basically in data centers and I don't really find a need to go in anymore other then the occasional water cooler talk. I can be remote 100%

CV355

_
Established Member
I would have no problem working 100% from home, all my servers are basically in data centers and I don't really find a need to go in anymore other then the occasional water cooler talk. I can be remote 100%

I guess it depends on the line of work. In mine, during the pure design phase, most if not all can be done remotely. During the build, wiring, and debug phases, engineering needs to be ever-present; sometimes to guide, and sometimes to be a punching bag :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother works from home 3 days a week. Makes okay pay. His wife works from home a couple days a week and she makes BIG $$$!!!! lol
(Neighbors next to me and neighbors behind me both work from home as well. Not every day of the week, but most. Not both spouses, but one from each home.)

Never_Enough

Established Member
I work from home full time. I haven't been into the office in over a year and that was for just a few hours to get my computer fixed.

Life is pretty good. On top of WFH I also have flex time so I can pretty much make my own schedule. If I want to go to the gym or run an errand I can just rearrange my day.

My job is also really easy so if I have breaks between meetings or finished what I needed to get done that day I will do work around the house or pick my daughter up early from school.

The only drawback is now getting much social interaction. I used to make all my friends through work and now I don't interact with anyone in an office setting.
Am I the only introvert on SVTP? :D

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife wanted me to do that, but I can't bend that far anymore.

No, you are confusing Pyramid Schemes with the Eiffel Tower. One is a money maker for those at the top, the other is disturbing to have done to you being a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08mojo

Established Member
Thread was doomed from the start due to reading comprehension failures. OP was talking about click-bait ads stating you can work from home and make $1000s per day, and everyone took it as a chance to justify working from home as part of their real job.;)

Users who are viewing this thread